If you dont ask..........

jasperado

Quick synopsis:

Booked upcoming Baltic cruise in November 2015. When new brochure came out in January 2016, cruise is now a Peninsular Club Cruise warranting a 5% discount.

Just kept thinking to myself "hard luck, missed a 5% discount" for 6 months. BUT today, I thought I would let my TA do a bit of work on the hottest day of the year. I explained the situation but also said that I thought P and O would say......"the deal wasn't in operation when the client booked, so not applicable"

How wrong was I !!

I have been given a discount of 5% that P and O were willing to refund but I asked for it to be taken off next cruise,

I am posting this just to advise my fellow CCers that sometimes a phone call can be well worth the effort if you feel that you have missed a deal.

I dont think I will ever earn £250 in 5 minutes ever again in my life!!:D

Just pick up that phone..............

Quick synopsis:

Booked upcoming Baltic cruise in November 2015. When new brochure came out in January 2016, cruise is now a Peninsular Club Cruise warranting a 5% discount.

Just kept thinking to myself "hard luck, missed a 5% discount" for 6 months. BUT today, I thought I would let my TA do a bit of work on the hottest day of the year. I explained the situation but also said that I thought P and O would say......"the deal wasn't in operation when the client booked, so not applicable"

How wrong was I !!

I have been given a discount of 5% that P and O were willing to refund but I asked for it to be taken off next cruise,

I am posting this just to advise my fellow CCers that sometimes a phone call can be well worth the effort if you feel that you have missed a deal.

I dont think I will ever earn £250 in 5 minutes ever again in my life!!:D

Just pick up that phone..............

Confused because the brochure for Summer 2016 cruises was first released in April 2015 so what new brochure came out in January 2016. All The Peninsular Club cruises with 5% extra discount were designated then.

Confused because the brochure for Summer 2016 cruises was first released in April 2015 so what new brochure came out in January 2016. All The Peninsular Club cruises with 5% extra discount were designated then.

hello

maybe the April 2015 brochure included cruises up to and including September 2016 and the January 2016 brochure included cruises further in the calender, taking in the xmas cruises for 2016?

There must have been a change between the November 2015 and this brochure I have now that I got in January 2016 or surely I would have received the discount when I booked don't you think?? Or did I and the TA just miss everything??