LEGO Meraviglia sold on MSC ships?

MeiFong

Because of a link Beamafar gave on the Meraviglia thread I learned that a LEGO version of the still being build Meraviglia exists. After some googling I found out that the LEGO box is only available for sale on the MSC ships. Some reports mention that it is sold on the Preziosa and the Fantasia, other links mention the box is sold on all ships. Has anybody seen this box, LEGO set 40227 - MSC Meraviglia, being sold on the ships? And if so what is the price? Thanks for any replies.

Because of a link Beamafar gave on the Meraviglia thread I learned that a LEGO version of the still being build Meraviglia exists. After some googling I found out that the LEGO box is only available for sale on the MSC ships. Some reports mention that it is sold on the Preziosa and the Fantasia, other links mention the box is sold on all ships. Has anybody seen this box, LEGO set 40227 - MSC Meraviglia, being sold on the ships? And if so what is the price? Thanks for any replies.

there is one available for sale on this web site but it is very expensive £121.34

http://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-msc-meraviglia-set-40227

and this wb site has a number of sellers of the product , some of which are damaged or in damaged boxes

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=40227-1#T=S&O={}

it is also on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/191918480911?clk_rvr_id=1063614179043&item=191918480911&lgeo=1&vectorid=229508&rmvSB=true

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/items/?_nkw=LEGO+40227&_sacat=&_ex_kw=&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_sop=&_fpos=&_fspt=1&_sadis=&LH_CAds=&clk_rvr_id=1063608782679&satitle=LEGO+40227&rmvSB=true

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thanks Pete, I had found the brickowl link as well and that prize seemed ridiculously high to me. The other links you provided have some better prizes, but still expensive. Of course I do realise it is a limited edition and it's real LEGO so it is always going to come at a prize. Knowing if they are indeed sold on the ships and at what prize would help in deciding if I really want to buy one (either on board or online).

I would love to get a Lego Meraviglia. Spent many happy hours with my kids playing with Lego and this would be the Icing on the cake... prices start as low as $50 USD so may just place a bid.

Fingers crossed :p

Geez, where are my manors.... sorry, thanks for the info Pete ;) and good luck ojeepost, hope you find what you're looking for.

Edited by All-ready2cruise
Forgot to say "thanks"

It's an awesome little model, we have one, got it on the Preziosa. Can't remember the cost, maybe around the 30Euros mark? Not sure I'll have to hunt down the bill. And as we live in the most expensive part of the world for Lego (costs us three times as much here as it does in other countries!) we got a LOT of Lego on the ship.

Knowing if they are indeed sold on the ships and at what prize would help in deciding if I really want to buy one (either on board or online).

I can check it out on my upcoming cruise and report back, if nobody else does beforehand. However, I'm sailing on Sinfonia which is a small ship (comparatively speaking) so they may not stock it.

According to the rules and regulations of the MSC USA promotion the LEGO ship has a value of approx. 20 dollars. But I imagine they sell it for more on board. I just hope they keep selling them for a while since I had to cancel my upcoming cruise in September and the next one isn't scheduled for another year. In the meantime I'll just keep an eye on eBay and hope prizes go down. ;)

I'm on the Preziosa this week and the lego model of the Meraviglia costs 10.80 Euros. Its not a big model it is much smaller than the carton model of the ship.

I've buy one lego model on the Fantasia in May also for 10.80 Euros.

• 5 months later...

It's an old thread but I'll post anyway. I just bought this on the MSC Divina (sailing out of Miami to Caribbean) for USD$11.90. After seeing these sell on ebay for $40-80 each I wish I bought every single one in the store (and they had plenty - probably 2 dozen on the shelf).

Now I'm conflicted - do my kids unwrap this "toy" tomorrow for Christmas and probably lose half the pieces or do I make a quick $50 profit on ebay? :)

Just finished cruise on MSC Fantasia 17th Dec from Dubai and the Lego model of Mergavilia was available in the Duty Free Shop priced at around Euros12. It was not on display and we had to ask for it. We had seen the model made up in the Logo Shop and were told where to buy it!

Hope you find stocks still available

Suzanne

Just finished cruise on MSC Fantasia 17th Dec from Dubai and the Lego model of Mergavilia was available in the Duty Free Shop priced at around Euros12. It was not on display and we had to ask for it. We had seen the model made up in the Logo Shop and were told where to buy it!

Hope you find stocks still available

Suzanne

There were lots of the sets available on Splendida last Sept priced at 12 Euros on display in the logo shop

Edited by Skier52

Glad to read that there are still plenty of Lego models available on board and for a reasonable price, thanks for the info. I hope they will also sell them on the Meraviglia itself this summer.

I was just planning to buy one as a souvenir, but with the prices on Ebay it almost seems like a worthwhile investment. ;):)

Edited by ojeepost