Koningsdam Ship tour

Did this 2 weeks ago on Nieuw Amsterdam and highly recommend it however we did not see the engine room (other than on monitors in the engine control room) and were told that passengers are not allowed there on any tours.

Never mind. I found it buried in a multi page review:

$150pp, highly rated, includes engine room, gifts at the end....

I have a ton of OBC - good way to use some of it!

Just a heads up; tours do not visit the ship's engine room; they visit the engine control room commonly known as the ECR.

I guess the Koningsdam will be the first HAL ship where I get a behind the scenes tour. Am I correct that it goes to the Bridge. I didn't get that on the Breakaway, they blamed new security rules but I went 2 weeks later on the Anthem OTS. Go figure.

Roy

Just a heads up; tours do not visit the ship's engine room; they visit the engine control room commonly known as the ECR.

Copper, that is not correct

I did the tour 2 weeks ago. We visited the engine room.

Got a lovely inaugural plate as a present (at the end of the tour)

Last year on the nieuw Amsterdam we didn't visit the engine room (just control room)

Marketing manager said that was the first time we gone to the engine room. Made photo's but promised not to publish

Edited by al4cruise

Copper, that is not correct

I did the tour 2 weeks ago. We visited the engine room.

Got a lovely inaugural plate as a present (at the end of the tour)

Last year on the nieuw Amsterdam we didn't visit the engine room (just control room)

Marketing manager said that was the first time we gone to the engine room. Made photo's but promised not to publish

Morning :) Consider yourself very lucky! Ze hebben een uitzondering voor je gemaakt / you were an exception to the rule ;)

Edited by Copper10-8

Just off the Koningsdam and we did the ship tour. You go to the engine control room AND the engine room. In fact many areas of the engine room. Fantastic tour done over two days. Well worth the $150/person.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just off the Koningsdam and we did the ship tour. You go to the engine control room AND the engine room. In fact many areas of the engine room. Fantastic tour done over two days. Well worth the $150/person.

Max Circus - where/how did you book this tour?

We're sailing on Koningsdam in September. I emailed HAL Enquiries about a month ago asking about 'Behind the Scenes' tour, and they said they don't offer it!

Max Circus - where/how did you book this tour?

We're sailing on Koningsdam in September. I emailed HAL Enquiries about a month ago asking about 'Behind the Scenes' tour, and they said they don't offer it!

We booked with the concierge in the Neptune Lounge. The tour on Koningsdam for the 7/10 sailing included the engine control room, engine rooms, garbage room, provisioning storage room, bridge tour, safety center and laundry. And I may be forgetting a few places. We also had an hour with the hotel director at the end of the tour on day 2. Wonderful tour and a great value for the $150/person.

We booked with the concierge in the Neptune Lounge. The tour on Koningsdam for the 7/10 sailing included the engine control room, engine rooms, garbage room, provisioning storage room, bridge tour, safety center and laundry. And I may be forgetting a few places. We also had an hour with the hotel director at the end of the tour on day 2. Wonderful tour and a great value for the $150/person.

Thanks for the info Max Circus!

We will try our luck once on the ship. Would love to do this tour, but don't want to get my hopes up too much in case it's not available.

Thanks for the info Max Circus!

We will try our luck once on the ship. Would love to do this tour, but don't want to get my hopes up too much in case it's not available.

You're welcome!! I had read during my research for the cruise that they have the tour based on demand. No idea if that is true. And Ifeel so how many people need to sign up. I would go to Guest Services on Day 1 and tell them you are interested. They'll contact you via phone when it is confirmed.