Icy Strait Point - Icy Strait Brewing

ULCajunCruiser

Stopped here last week and wanted to give these guys a shout out. This was a nice place with friendly people and if craft beer is an interest to you I highly recommend stopping in. They had 6 beers on tap, brewed onsite and all very tasty (:D, yeah, I tried them all). Step out onto the back deck to enjoy your beer and you'll have views you can't get anywhere else!!

Easy to get to, you can walk up the paved path to Hoonah (a little over a mile), or you can rent a bike, or catch a ride on the town shuttle ($5 round trip, drop off and pick up is at the stop 2 minutes away)

Great place, stop on in

I want to do this! We have a whale watching tour until dusk. Would the walk to Hoonah be safe after dusk (hint - I am afraid of BEARS!!!)?

I would think so, the walk is along the main road that has had traffic on it all day. I'm sure there will still be other people walking around, too.

Do they have food or just the beer? We have a 7:30-10:30 excursion so I thought this might be a great place for lunch.

Thanks

They don't serve food themselves, but there is a nice little place next door. Real easy to grab a bite to eat while enjoying your beer

I want to do this! We have a whale watching tour until dusk. Would the walk to Hoonah be safe after dusk (hint - I am afraid of BEARS!!!)?

Your whale watch will be departing from the dock in town, most likely. They transport you by van from the cruise ship area. You could tell them you’ll walk back to the ship and skip the ride after the whale watch. There are bears in the area. You probably won’t run into any but always a chance.

We enjoy our walk into Hoonah along the waterfront. We see otters, and other wildlife

along the way, but no bears. The road is too busy for that.

The restaurant along the waterfront that we head for is called "The Office Bar" and

is fantastic for the fresh Dungenous crabs that they steam out front. Lots of local

beer on tap. We are looking forward to going there again in a couple of weeks.

Twice! Back to back cruises. :D

We enjoy our walk into Hoonah along the waterfront. We see otters, and other wildlife

along the way, but no bears. The road is too busy for that.

The restaurant along the waterfront that we head for is called "The Office Bar" and

is fantastic for the fresh Dungenous crabs that they steam out front. Lots of local

beer on tap. We are looking forward to going there again in a couple of weeks.

Twice! Back to back cruises. :D

we are following on your heels (August 19th) :) The crabs sound delicious.

we are following on your heels (August 19th) :) The crabs sound delicious.

And they are indeed!! :)

Have a fantabulous cruise! Will be tough to get dragged off the ship after being on

board for two weeks. :D

Edited by island lady