Enchantment - why so expensive?

The Enchantment is expensive as compared to the price of the Sky but these days I don't think $800 ( $100 per person per day) for a balcony is bad. You are getting an oceanfront room with all meals included.

It is hard to find a balcony on RCL leaving from Florida if I booked today for $100 per person per day.

That said I would still take the Sky and save $300 and get free drinks :)

Edited by molly361

We dearly miss the Enchantment up here in PC. Majesty has taken it's place.

Not a great trade off. :(

Looked at booking four night MJ for our anniversary next June. Only balconies are JS

cabins and above, plus a lot of extras we enjoyed are not included on MJ like they were

on EN.

Compared pricing on a 7 night Oasis which is coming here later this year. (Will be missing Freedom now too!! :eek: :()

For a D1 balcony on Oasis 7 night it was the same price as MJ for that same time on a 4

night in the lowest price balcony (JS).

I guess it is because Oasis can really pack them in!! :eek:

We dearly miss the Enchantment up here in PC. Majesty has taken it's place.

Not a great trade off. :(

Looked at booking four night MJ for our anniversary next June. Only balconies are JS

cabins and above, plus a lot of extras we enjoyed are not included on MJ like they were

on EN.

Compared pricing on a 7 night Oasis which is coming here later this year. (Will be missing Freedom now too!! :eek: :()

For a D1 balcony on Oasis 7 night it was the same price as MJ for that same time on a 4

night in the lowest price balcony (JS).

I guess it is because Oasis can really pack them in!! :eek:

I know- I looked at the MJ for a weekend next May and for an OV it is almost $1100:eek: A JS is $1065 EACH!!

Edit and it was NOT Memorial Day weekend

Edited by molly361

I know- I looked at the MJ for a weekend next May and for an OV it is almost $1100:eek: A JS is $1065 EACH!!

Edit and it was NOT Memorial Day weekend

I love the little ships, and even still miss Monarch (crew, not

the ship)....but wow. :eek:

Was still hoping (and will continue to hold out hope!) that we may get

a Radiance, Vision, or Voyager class ship here in PC as a third ship. IMHO

Oasis is really too big, and Majesty too small (and lacking some features we

now miss). Would be nice to have something in between.

• 4 weeks later...

We book the Enchantment because we were looking for a short cruise during Christmas break (for school teachers and student). We found a great deal on Enchantment leaving the day after Christmas if we were willing to do an interior cabin. We haven't sailed in an inside cabin in about 15 years but the price was less than$100 a night. Keep in mind this was several months ago. I just recently looked at our inside cabin and it was $799...same cruise. We (daughters, Grandson and me) don't have any other family and just decided, "why not?" My Grandson is 22, has a friend and she is joining us, so we booked 2 cabins, spur of the moment. I actually thought the price might go down. No way would we be going at the price it is right now. We lucked up and found cheap airfare a couple of weeks ago if we fly to FLL and then either use a shuttle or rent a car. Airline prices went up since then too so for the first time EVER, our timing was right on both the cruise fare and airline tickets. I can't believe how much this short 4-night cruise has gone up.