Fury catamaran excursion

ABQrobin

we are sailing on the Liberty the last week of August, and have booked the Fury excursion through Carnival. Looking at how many tickets are remaining, it seems to me that not very many have been sold. Do they ever cancel these for lack of participation? I know it is a month out still, but I would think more people would have booked by now. Looks like the only excursions close to selling out are the dolphin ones and the sub.

Just wondering.... the only Carnival excursion we were booked for that got canceled was back in 2014 was due to weather.

thanks, I am hoping that is true. Our son hasn't been on vacation with us in 10 years (busy with college, work, etc.) so we are really looking forward to quality family time, and since Cozumel was where we had our last family vacation, he is stoked to go and snorkel. It has been so long! We picked the fury excursion as it will give us a chance to snorkel but also he loves kayaking and DH loves the open bar. LOL 36 day countdown!

• 1 month later...

I watched a cruise vlog awhile back and they did the Fury Catamaran excursion from Carnival Liberty and I would say that it was far from uncrowded. :)

Still looked fun though.

You can watch here:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Direct link:

Just got back Thursday from our cruise on the Carnival Liberty. I hope to get a short trip report posted this week.

Cozumel.... we did the Fury Catamaran and it was a blast. All drinks (beer, margaritas, water, sodas) are free on the boat and beach. No alcohol served until after the snorkeling. Everyone on the boat had a great time, most saying they would never do a different excursion in Cozumel again. We felt it was worth every penny. Burgers are available on shore for $11 and were huge, we split one. The bar on the beach was included. The beach also has kayaks, beach floats, hammocks, chairs in sun or shade... all part of your cost. Once again... we thought it was a great value.

There was a small shop for purchases of t-shirts, etc. and a lady doing massages for extra $$.

Also... the Fury staff was fantastic. There were plenty of people on the catamaran, in the water, on the beach... no matter what you wanted, someone was there. Really well done excursion. There was a photographer on the boat, taking photos in the water as well of everyone, with the photos for purchase on the return to the ship. I think eveyrone bought them, they were very good.

here is my video.... I hope it gives you a good idea of the excursion. It can only be booked through your ship.

If you have any questions... feel free to ask.

Edited by ABQrobin

Awesome video Thanks! This is exactly what I want to do for our excursion but for some reason it is not being offered when we're in Port on Jan. 2! I'm so bummed!

Are you sure? It is listed on Carnival as the Deluxe Snorkel and Beach ... it does not have Fury in the name.

Well I've contacted both Fury Catamaran and Carnival to see if tour is available. It may be sold out already.

Would like to find another tour like that one.

I doubt it is sold out already, they have multiple catamarans. If it is sold out, there are other private companies that will take you to a beach club (not private one owned by Fury).

Fury Beach is south of Reef Club hotel. Can't say exactly where but I did see that we passed it. It is private, just open for their excursions.

If you are looking for something similar, I think Mr Sanchos and Playa Mia have similar water toys.

Just got back Thursday from our cruise on the Carnival Liberty. I hope to get a short trip report posted this week.

Cozumel.... we did the Fury Catamaran and it was a blast. All drinks (beer, margaritas, water, sodas) are free on the boat and beach. No alcohol served until after the snorkeling. Everyone on the boat had a great time, most saying they would never do a different excursion in Cozumel again. We felt it was worth every penny. Burgers are available on shore for $11 and were huge, we split one. The bar on the beach was included. The beach also has kayaks, beach floats, hammocks, chairs in sun or shade... all part of your cost. Once again... we thought it was a great value.

There was a small shop for purchases of t-shirts, etc. and a lady doing massages for extra $$.

Also... the Fury staff was fantastic. There were plenty of people on the catamaran, in the water, on the beach... no matter what you wanted, someone was there. Really well done excursion. There was a photographer on the boat, taking photos in the water as well of everyone, with the photos for purchase on the return to the ship. I think eveyrone bought them, they were very good.

here is my video.... I hope it gives you a good idea of the excursion. It can only be booked through your ship.

If you have any questions... feel free to ask.

Great Video! Thanks for posting. But I do have a question about getting off boat to snorkel. Do you have to jump in or are you allowed to go down the steps that I saw people coming up when they exited the water?

thanks, it is a FUN excursion.

You are able to go down the stairs or jump off the sides. They encouraged people to jump off the side as it is faster and group can stay together better. If you go down the stairs it can take awhile as people stop to put on their fins, fix their mask, etc. There are also always people who go down the stairs, then decide they don't want to get in... so they stand there in the way while people try to encourage them to get in. The crew try to put them off to one side and talk to them to let others go by, but it causes a log jam. We had that happen, with a few people who just stood there and refused to get in, but wouldn't move out of the way. The Crew was very patient and got them a float to hold, and then got in with them for awhile. It was nice to see how patient they were. Both ladies got out early, but someone was always with them, as well as the float.