Cococay Cabanas ... yea or nea?

• 4 weeks later...
Yes to all but the champagne. There is also a new "bus stop" :D where the golf cart comes and picks you up to take you to the "cabana area" for the lunch. The new cabanas have only been available for one week.

On the website it says only swimming mats and towels as extra perks for the new cabanas. The cabinettes come with more than that.

• 5 weeks later...
If you think manufactured shade is worth the money...go for it! There is PLENTY of shade....lots of trees!

You really don't need "priority" tendering...it's a quick tender ride...and not everyone wants to rush off....because there is no need to rush! This is a relaxing, beautiful beach day. You don't need a cabana, but if you want to spend those dollars...go ahead!

I am hoping that maybe you could answer a couple of questions about the beach. I had booked the Bungalo but since canceled it because I think it's a waste of money for my husband and I only. Plus I keep reading that it's far from the water and that it is Rocky or eight a lot of seaweed. We just love getting out of a chair and walking right into the water.. are there beach chairs and umbrella that we could rent? We are also in a suite and I was wondering if that came with the upgraded lunch?

Thank you and it Vance for any type of help you can offer

No Cabanas on Coco Cay are offered on our Anthem cruise next March. Only bungalows which I take it are new per other posts. Read where they have only been offered since this July. They appear to be right on the beach where you can swim. Just wondering if anyone has recently rented one. Thinking of this for our family but want to be sure access to bathrooms, drinks and food are not far away. ANy help is appreciated.

No Cabanas on Coco Cay are offered on our Anthem cruise next March. Only bungalows which I take it are new per other posts. Read where they have only been offered since this July. They appear to be right on the beach where you can swim. Just wondering if anyone has recently rented one. Thinking of this for our family but want to be sure access to bathrooms, drinks and food are not far away. ANy help is appreciated.

When in March are you cruising? We are on the 19th. I had a bungalow but canceled it due to the lack of information on them. All I want to know is if there are umbrellas to rent and lounge chairs available. Then I will be fine with picking our own spot.

Thinking of booking a cabana and looking for opinions as to it's value.

There are 4 of us, DH and 2 teenage boys.

Does booking a cabana get priority tender tickets?

We are basically looking for a place to lounge and relax but really need shade. (Pasty pale from upstate NY)

Not planning any excursion in Port Canaveral or Nassau so this would be our "excursion splurge".

Thank you.

We have had a cabana twice.. Neither time have we had priority tender tickets. As long as you are booked it, will be there waiting for you.. We love them.. Enjoy your cruise.

just returned from a fabulous cruise on Empress where we had a cabana. I'm happy to say, I've changed my mind. Get the cabana, they're awesome. Will be starting a pictorial review thread soon. Trying to catch up with life on land. lol

13880265_10209761089841576_4815023274035111071_n.jpg?oh=e26ffb0ad7486f1b84030e25dffaef8b&oe=582171F2

13669709_10209743522642407_7014722164918954120_n.jpg?oh=d045d9d2c392d0cbd420d55a5ab2b367&oe=58297E6D

can you tell me if that is the Bungalo? On the Royal Caribbean site they are only showing bungalows and the beds. Also is it easy to access the water? It looks like it could be rocky by your pictures. Just trying to get an idea on where the bungalows would be and how far from the water. Thank you

We had a cabana on coco cay on our last cruise. It was very nice. I can't remember what was included but I think that we got a bottle of champagne and a few hours of an open bar around lunch time. It was a good experience and a reasonable value. If we ever sail to ether of RCI's private islands again I would definitely get a cabana. In fact we are not interested in visiting either without one.

If you think manufactured shade is worth the money...go for it! There is PLENTY of shade....lots of trees!

You really don't need "priority" tendering...it's a quick tender ride...and not everyone wants to rush off....because there is no need to rush! This is a relaxing, beautiful beach day. You don't need a cabana, but if you want to spend those dollars...go ahead!

WHAT is your problem?? Some of us like the extra luxury of a shaded shelter (not a tree). If the sun moves, the tree doesn't.. Some of us need the constant shade due to health or skin issues...

Why are you constantly pushing your unwanted opinions on this subject??

WHAT is your problem?? Some of us like the extra luxury of a shaded shelter (not a tree). If the sun moves, the tree doesn't.. Some of us need the constant shade due to health or skin issues...

Why are you constantly pushing your unwanted opinions on this subject??

Actually, the OP DID ask 'yea or nea'. You may not like their opinion, but it isn't 'unwanted'. It was specifically asked for. And it's just as valid as those who gush and say that they love the cabanas.

Edited by tlatrice

I went back and forth for weeks and finally decided I didn't want a cabana. When we got to CC we took the tram over to South Beach and booked one lol. If I had it to do over again I wish I would have pre-booked at the 20%off. $156 vs $195.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I don't understand why they are so much cheaper on CC as opposed to Labadee. The bungalows are $250 and $225 when on sale.

The Cabanas are $395 to $495.

Basic economics, supply & demand

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't necessarily agree with that in this case. That would mean a Royal Caribbean pax is willing to pay double in Labadee, but not on CC? We are the same customers going to a RC private island/peninsula. Not too much difference in these two destinations.

I don't necessarily agree with that in this case. That would mean a Royal Caribbean pax is willing to pay double in Labadee, but not on CC? We are the same customers going to a RC private island/peninsula. Not too much difference in these two destinations.

Labadee gets the bigger ships with more suites and more people willing to pay more money for their cruises versus most of the itineraries that go to CC. If the demand was not there and the cabanas were going empty they would lower the prices on Labadee but current demand allows them to charge the higher prices with enough people willing to pay for it. Even if they book half at twice the price they come out ahead as they only have to staff and stock half the cabanas for the same price. There are smaller ships and cheaper cruises (hence people not willing to pay higher prices) going to CC and they have taken the pricing as far as they can go to book the cabanas at a profit. If the demand was higher on CC they would raise the prices there as well. As long as there is demand prices will continue to rise and when the demand isn't there they will run a sale or a promotion but the bottom line is to make the biggest profit possible.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nay......

Have rented one nice..........the plus's are that you have your own bar, bathrooms, and designated food area with some small upgrades. There used to be steaks, now there are not.

You also get two sets of snorkel equipment to use. But like others said, the location compared to beach is not the best.

We were there a couple weeks ago and for food all the pasta dish, potato salad plates were all gone and we couldn't get anyone to refill them.

So overall, I don't find the extra value for the high price they charge. There are plenty of shady areas on the island that you can be steps away from the water, bar, bathroom, and food.

We had the new bungalows this week for $195 on the beach-only but no buffet, just a menu to order from that was brought to hut.

You got a MENU to order from on Coco Cay? Really?!? Maybe I'm missing something, 'cause I wasn't aware that there was any food available that wasn't served buffet-style. Were the offerings any different that what is normally prepared?

You got a MENU to order from on Coco Cay? Really?!? Maybe I'm missing something, 'cause I wasn't aware that there was any food available that wasn't served buffet-style. Were the offerings any different that what is normally prepared?

I was also told there is a menu for beds and bungalow rentals but if you wanted you could go back to the buffet also.