Cococay Cabanas ... yea or nea?

Thinking of booking a cabana and looking for opinions as to it's value.

There are 4 of us, DH and 2 teenage boys.

Does booking a cabana get priority tender tickets?

We are basically looking for a place to lounge and relax but really need shade. (Pasty pale from upstate NY)

Not planning any excursion in Port Canaveral or Nassau so this would be our "excursion splurge".

Thank you.

We did a cabana, there was shade availiable,as well as sun, the day we were there a strong storm occured that curtailed our stay but otherwise it seemed like a nice splurge. I would book it again

If you think manufactured shade is worth the money...go for it! There is PLENTY of shade....lots of trees!

You really don't need "priority" tendering...it's a quick tender ride...and not everyone wants to rush off....because there is no need to rush! This is a relaxing, beautiful beach day. You don't need a cabana, but if you want to spend those dollars...go ahead!

Nay. Tenders run back and forth non-stop. They are huge. HUUUUUUUUUGE. (;))

Seriously, RC is going overboard (!) with the "revenue opportunities" these days. "Cabanas" on CocoCay are just the latest. The only thing "worse", IMO, is the "cabana beds" on Labadee.

Just go have fun.

:)

DD and I have gotten the cabanas at CocoCay twice - and had one reserved a third time this January but the stop was cancelled due to weather. We enjoy the views, privacy, bar, buffet, proximity to snorkel beach and unobstructed view of the ship from shore.

The prices have gone up since we first had a cabana but I think we would reserve one again despite that.

The cabana itself is shaded and there is also an uncovered area for sunning if you choose to do that.

On one of our trips there was an unexpected torrential downpour in the afternoon. It was great to be in the cabana hearing and watching the rain come down. The lines to the tenders were VERY long as everyone else was trying to get off the island at the same time. We waited until the last minute and were on the last tender back to the ship with many crew members.

13345022033_9b66d9c977.jpg

13344697025_a3e17e4b19.jpg

Well. I have a slightly different opinion from Carol and Erik. If just 2 of you - def not. If a small group I think it's fun. And the upgraded lunch in the cabana area is really good compared to the regular BBQ lunch.

And from 9:45 to almost 11 tender lines get super annoying. (At least historically on Majesty).

Edited by MattInFLL

We had a cabana at Larabee Barefoot Beach. There were six of us. We loved it. An unexpected short down pour made it all the better. This was before the price increase. I would probably do it again with 6 people, but not with less.

We had a cabana at Larabee Barefoot Beach. There were six of us. We loved it. An unexpected short down pour made it all the better. This was before the price increase. I would probably do it again with 6 people, but not with less.

Cabana on Labadee is NOT an equivalent to a cabana on CocoCay.

Awesome autocorrect, by the way. ;) :D

Well. I have a slightly different opinion from Carol and Erik. If just 2 of you - def not. If a small group I think it's fun. And the upgraded lunch in the cabana area is really good compared to the regular BBQ lunch.

And from 9:45 to almost 11 tender lines get super annoying. (At least historically on Majesty).

I'll let you know next week on Empress [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They also gave us a fruit plate and 4 large bottles of Evian.

We received the bottle of champagne and the 4 bottles of water but no fruit plate.... There was plenty of fruit on the buffet tho.

I would NOT get drinks from the bar in the cabana area. They didn't have the Oasis Machine or a blender and the drinks we ordered were horrible!!

Would I do it again, maybe. If the price is close to what they want on Labadee now, not a chance!

We received the bottle of champagne and the 4 bottles of water but no fruit plate ...

That's too bad, I hope they are not taking perks away.

We got exactly was is pictured in post #7.