Cococay Cabanas ... yea or nea?

We were right on the beach and water, very nice but disappointed in the food. Menu consisted of some pre-made salads, some hot sandwiches-burger, chicken etc and cookies or rum cakes besides the Evian water and fruit.

So, it is the same stuff that is on the buffet/BBQ. I THINK the purpose of the menu is to let the occupants know what is on the table without having to go look. There is a server that will go get your food for you (for people that have the rentals). I read this in someones review.

The upgraded lunch was nice, but the cabana itself was hot and stuffy. If they've added fans or a water mist system I might feel differently but most likely would not go again otherwise.

Upgraded lunch? That wasn't our experience.

I agree with the fan idea. That would have been nice!

Upgraded lunch? That wasn't our experience.

I agree with the fan idea. That would have been nice!

Yes, within the cabana area they had a separate lunch, small buffet plus a grill going with steaks, shrimp skewers. There were some items on the small buffet not found in the general buffet plus since it was for the cabanas only there was basically no waiting (except for grilled to order items).

I'm sure like everything else real estate related location makes the difference, we had a great view, but felt like we were in one of those desert vision quest sweat boxes; no breeze

Yes, within the cabana area they had a separate lunch, small buffet plus a grill going with steaks, shrimp skewers. There were some items on the small buffet not found in the general buffet plus since it was for the cabanas only there was basically no waiting (except for grilled to order items).

I'm sure like everything else real estate related location makes the difference, we had a great view, but felt like we were in one of those desert vision quest sweat boxes; no breeze

Which cabana area were you in? We were in the new South Beach area? Very secluded but definitely no grill, or steak, or shrimp....... :confused:

Which cabana area were you in? We were in the new South Beach area? Very secluded but definitely no grill, or steak, or shrimp....... :confused:

The "original" Cabana area that is adjacent to the tender lagoon and had a view of the anchored ship.

I'm wondering if you received the upgraded lunch as art of what one hotel director (John Denton?) put on for high C&A members and suite guests. I remember reading that there was quite a variation as to what was provided based on the hotel director. I believe it was originally the Monarch that provided this expanded lunch.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

We had a group of 4 in Sept. And rented the new cabanas that you had to take the tram to. It had its own bar and bathroom and there was a bucket of water and fruit in our cabana. They also included the swim mats. We loved it and thought it was worth it. The staff went to the Buffett line for us and brought us back plates of food. The staff was lovely! At one point it was pretty hot and we pulled our chairs into the water to lay there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm wondering if you received the upgraded lunch as art of what one hotel director (John Denton?) put on for high C&A members and suite guests. I remember reading that there was quite a variation as to what was provided based on the hotel director. I believe it was originally the Monarch that provided this expanded lunch.

No idea who the hotel director was on our cruise. We weren't in a suite. We're Diamond members, so not that high up the totem pole. It was within the cabana area and open to those who rented a cabana, regardless of C&A status (never brought up) or cabin category (don't recall this ever being brought up). Either way, the lunch was nice for sure, but not worth the additional cost for the cabana.

The cabanas themselves would need to be upgraded to make the cost worth it, IMO. I know a lot of people can't live without them, but I'd pass in the future. I'd actually just prefer lounge chairs on the southern shore in the future. A little quieter and less packed of an area. Or if the Cabanas had direct water access not just the rocky shore. I may feel different if we had a different location.

There was no special drink area that I had heard was put on years past for C&A members. I think that ended 3 or 4 years ago.

No idea who the hotel director was on our cruise. We weren't in a suite. We're Diamond members, so not that high up the totem pole. It was within the cabana area and open to those who rented a cabana, regardless of C&A status (never brought up) or cabin category (don't recall this ever being brought up). Either way, the lunch was nice for sure, but not worth the additional cost for the cabana.

The cabanas themselves would need to be upgraded to make the cost worth it, IMO. I know a lot of people can't live without them, but I'd pass in the future. I'd actually just prefer lounge chairs on the southern shore in the future. A little quieter and less packed of an area. Or if the Cabanas had direct water access not just the rocky shore. I may feel different if we had a different location.

There was no special drink area that I had heard was put on years past for C&A members. I think that ended 3 or 4 years ago.

Sorry, I meant that all the cabanas (regardless of cabin booked or C&A status) were included in the upgraded lunch that was put on.

I agree with you that the lunch alone would not be worth the extra price of a cabana.

I am so confused.

I know the cabanas over by the tender area...has the upgraded lunch.

Now there is another area of bungalows ( or whatever you call them) without the buffet but they will bring you lunch?

Which area is the $195 cabanas one can book online?

The new bungaloos on the south side are $195 with a menu for food. They are on the beach with a great breeze and right on the water.

So that menu is for the food off the regular BBQ lunch?? Nothing like steak or shrimp,as they have in the original cabanas??

And are they still renting out those original cabanas or taking them down???

How do I know,for $195,I get the new ones??:confused::confused:

SO LET ME UNDERSTAND THIS:

There are TWO cabana areas now?

If I'm reading this thread correctly there is:

1) Cabanas that are near to (but roped off) the "gen pop" beach, tender area but on a rocky shore? And...

2) New cabanas that look slightly smaller next to the cabanettes on the somewhat secluded side of Coco Cay with a shallow beach? (BTW, thanks CruiseNAngie for the pics of the new joints).

IF that is correct then the new cabanas next to the cabanettes would be a "yea" to me. Think about it. It is slightly cheaper, has a real beach and are away from the masses. You still get the cabana BBQ and a tram ride back to the port area.

• 2 weeks later...
SO LET ME UNDERSTAND THIS:

There are TWO cabana areas now?

If I'm reading this thread correctly there is:

1) Cabanas that are near to (but roped off) the "gen pop" beach, tender area but on a rocky shore? And...

2) New cabanas that look slightly smaller next to the cabanettes on the somewhat secluded side of Coco Cay with a shallow beach? (BTW, thanks CruiseNAngie for the pics of the new joints).

IF that is correct then the new cabanas next to the cabanettes would be a "yea" to me. Think about it. It is slightly cheaper, has a real beach and are away from the masses. You still get the cabana BBQ and a tram ride back to the port area.

There are also new daybeds next to the new cabanas, on the beach that used to have the cabinettes. No idea where they have gone.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk