ms Amsterdam & ms Noordam together in Juneau, AK - July 21, 2016

Copper10-8

Webcam person gave me a nice five second super zoom of my cabin but then panned out to see Celebrity arrive.

My cabin is on the starboard side, facing the pier - no super-zoom for me. Some people are lucky or privileged. :D I'll be on her in Dec - through the Panama Canal.

It's a shame Infinity could not have been five or ten minutes later. We could have had a great view of Amsterdam docking.:(

It reminds me of the Westerdam and Nieuw Amsterdam always arriving together, someone always gets a lot less time on camera.

Looks like we are going to get a little docking action!

Someone was listening or Infinity's berth is just too inaccessible for good views.

ETA: this is fun to watch.

Edited by Happily@Sea

Scrapnana - Norwegian Sun is at Sitka according to the tracker. Maybe they are doing an Amsterdam itinerary change - don't want to tender; even though where the dock where the ship sits perpendicular to the camera is empty.

Scrapnana - Norwegian Sun is at Sitka according to the tracker. Maybe they are doing an Amsterdam itinerary change - don't want to tender; even though where the dock where the ship sits perpendicular to the camera is empty.

Interesting. Maybe they have to change sometimes due to the availability of resources (dock workers, pilots, facilities on shore, etc.). I wouldn't want to be in charge of scheduling!:eek:

See everyone for the sail-aways.

I think it's Norwegian Sun that's done that several times. It could be because there's a new dock in Sitka that wasn't factored into NCL's original planning.

Roy

I just looked at the Sun's roll call. NCL has not been telling passengers in advance about the change. They've mostly been skipping Skagway, visiting Sitka, and fudging the Juneau date.

The reason from the roll call rumor mill is that the Sun is having water treatment issues and they're going into the open ocean more so they can dump their gray water.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2227333&highlight=sitka&page=5

Roy