Reflection - port or starboard

thon

Hoping to take the Feb 25, 2017 western Caribbean cruise on Reflection and wondering which side of the ship is better to be on. Took the eastern cruise a few years ago and had a port side veranda cabin which was nice as every port we docked on that side so had stuff to 'watch'. Western cruise goes to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios and Labadee. I know it probably could be different each time depending which other ships are in port, etc. but just wondering.

It is not possible to predict which side will be favorable in each port, due to other traffic as you mentioned, but also due to decisions regarding what maintenance will be done on your particular cruise as well as any crew drills especially life boats.

Hoping to take the Feb 25, 2017 western Caribbean cruise on Reflection and wondering which side of the ship is better to be on. Took the eastern cruise a few years ago and had a port side veranda cabin which was nice as every port we docked on that side so had stuff to 'watch'. Western cruise goes to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios and Labadee. I know it probably could be different each time depending which other ships are in port, etc. but just wondering.

As the previous poster stated there is no way to tell. I always book starboard just to avoid any possible smoking areas which are all on the port side.

Port (left)

we taken Starboard (right). Cozumel we seen Land, but soon as that ship came in we saw a ship.

So to know where the view, people smoke, whatever. Each dock differs, From memory of Cuzomel, cayman islands, Jamaica labadee.

Cuzomel Land, cayman water and land, Jamaica Land looking over square, labadee looking over the lagoon and Zipline side

Any no views, NO

Port (left)

we taken Starboard (right). Cozumel we seen Land, but soon as that ship came in we saw a ship.

So to know where the view, people smoke, whatever. Each dock differs, From memory of Cuzomel, cayman islands, Jamaica labadee.

Cuzomel Land, cayman water and land, Jamaica Land looking over square, labadee looking over the lagoon and Zipline side

Any no views, NO

Sorry, smoking is always port side not Starboard

S

For me, leaving Miami it doesn't matter what side I'm on as I will be at the Sunset Bar taking full advantage of my beverage package. So I can see on both sides.

Sorry, smoking is always port side not Starboard

S

Curious why Celebrity opted to go the opposite side to RCCL and Disney (and I believe HAL, not that it matters there as they still allow it on balconies). On those the "public" smoking areas are starboard. I'd assumed (I know...clearly not good in this case) that was the standard industry-wide. Guess I'll either be hoping I luck out or trying to change cabins now...

Curious why Celebrity opted to go the opposite side to RCCL and Disney (and I believe HAL, not that it matters there as they still allow it on balconies). On those the "public" smoking areas are starboard. I'd assumed (I know...clearly not good in this case) that was the standard industry-wide. Guess I'll either be hoping I luck out or trying to change cabins now...

Don't know but remember Celebrity limited smoking well before the lines you mentioned so the question should be why did they not follow Celebrity.