Caribbean Princess....again

cruisincorgi

When the CB first was announced, I said I'd never book a cruise on a ship that large. We finally ended up sailing on the Emerald Princess and loved it. The CB doesn't have all of the features of the later gem-class ships, but you can still have a great time on it. We've sailed on it three times and all three were nice cruises.

We sailed on this ship in June doing the British Isles cruise. We hadn't sailed on the CP before so had nothing to compare it to. We did talk to people that have cruised on it before and they said that it was definitely showing its age. That said, we had a great time and had no problems with our cabin, bathroom, or public areas. We didn't like the breakfast buffet and after the first three days we didn't go back. For us the food was mediocre, tepid and flavorless. The rest of the time we went to the IC instead, which worked fine for us as we aren't big breakfast eaters. I think more than anything the crew members can make or break the experience and all the staff we met were wonderful.

We were on CB on the last sailing, and they did offer Alfredo's pizza in Sabatini's on both sea days.

We were on the CB last March and they did not have it in Sabatini's. We did have it on the Island Princess several years ago when we did the through canal. It is nice to know however that they are doing it now and hope they do it next month when we are on the ship. I do like Alfredo's for lunch. Thanks.

We were on the CB last March and they did not have it in Sabatini's. We did have it on the Island Princess several years ago when we did the through canal. It is nice to know however that they are doing it now and hope they do it next month when we are on the ship. I do like Alfredo's for lunch. Thanks.

Sounds like it must be very new on the CB. We tried it on the first sea day, and it was quite good! I haven't been on a ship with a regular Alfredo's restaurant yet, though, so I couldn't say how it compares.

We were recently on the British Isles cruise end of June / July. She is showing her age a bit with rust especially on the balcony and tired in places. We had a problem with the toilet not flushing one evening (and know another cabin same deck had same issue), but it was fixed within 5 minutes of being reported. This problem isn't confined to CB though it can happen on any ship.

All things considered we had a great time. Nothing major to moan about. Good food generally, cabin fine, steward excellent and very good wait staff.

Go with a positive attitude and din't expect perfection.

Happy cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on CB on the last sailing, and they did offer Alfredo's pizza in Sabatini's on both sea days.
Sea days are normally the time for the Pub Lunch, typically served in the Crown Grill on the CB. Did they offer both Alfredo's in Sabatini's and the Pub Lunch in the Crown Grill on both sea days!

We're booked on the Caribbean Princess for Canada/New England ending up in FLL. I don't pay attention to negative reviews UNLESS it's a Carnival ship and even then it depends on what the complaint is. If it's sniveling I don't read on. We've never been on the Caribbean Princess or the Royal which we're boarding 2 days after we get into FLL. I expect a beautiful cruise and I hope the fall leaves are beautiful. Never been to Quebec City or any of the ports - so we're excited, no negatives here, we've spent $$$$ to be positive.

We're booked on the Caribbean Princess for Canada/New England ending up in FLL. I don't pay attention to negative reviews UNLESS it's a Carnival ship and even then it depends on what the complaint is. If it's sniveling I don't read on. We've never been on the Caribbean Princess or the Royal which we're boarding 2 days after we get into FLL. I expect a beautiful cruise and I hope the fall leaves are beautiful. Never been to Quebec City or any of the ports - so we're excited, no negatives here, we've spent $$$$ to be positive.

I agree no sniveling!!

We did the QC to NYC cruise last fall to see the changing of the leaves but unfortunately they forgot to tell the trees that it was time to do it! Actually we were told that the changing of the leaves was two weeks late due to the warm temperatures. They need a good freeze to cause it to happen so we will just have to "sacrifice" and do it again! The pain we all go through!

This was our first trip to QC and had arrived a few days before. If you are staying in QC after be sure to stay in the old city on top of the bluff. We had a great time seeing the sights before boarding the CB for our sail to NYC. We were supposed to stop in Bar Harbor, ME but due to the wind and seas were not able to do it. It is a tender port. I understand this is a common problem with that port. We are looking hard at a QC to FLL cruise one autumn soon.

You don't have to choose. You can go to both - fish and chips followed by pizza:)

You sound just like my Navy vet SIL. :) He eats all day long on a cruise, literally, all day long. Starts at the buffet, then down to IC, then up to ice cream before lunch in the DR, or pizza, or pub lunch, and then back to the IC for his afternoon snack, then PES lounge goodies before dinner in the DR or CG, and back up to buffet for his late-night dessert. He has that annoying metabolism--eats everything and still stays slim. :p

You sound just like my Navy vet SIL. :) He eats all day long on a cruise, literally, all day long. Starts at the buffet, then down to IC, then up to ice cream before lunch in the DR, or pizza, or pub lunch, and then back to the IC for his afternoon snack, then PES lounge goodies before dinner in the DR or CG, and back up to buffet for his late-night dessert. He has that annoying metabolism--eats everything and still stays slim. :p

???