Breakaway 7/31/2016 sailing

bam1957

I'm sailing on the 7/31/16 cruise to Bermuda from NY on the Breakaway. I wanted to try and determine how full the ship is by fake booking for each category and there appears to be quite a few cabins open even with only 10 days from sailing.

I wonder if the decision to not allow water to be brought onboard is the reason there are so many open cabins. Well, I don't need a full ship to have fun but it's interesting to me to see the number of open cabins this close to sailing.

From what I can see , there is approx 20-30 cabins left, about 6-10 of those in the haven. Inside is sold out and outside is guarantee only , so those people will be probably get a balcony as outside appears sold out too.

So basically, this cruise will sell out. Just like the July 24th one did, there's still another 9 days to go...

From what I can see , there is approx 20-30 cabins left, about 6-10 of those in the haven. Inside is sold out and outside is guarantee only , so those people will be probably get a balcony as outside appears sold out too.

So basically, this cruise will sell out. Just like the July 24th one did, there's still another 9 days to go...

You're probably right Tammy but it looked like quite a bit more than 20-30 and only 2 or 3 left in the Haven. But I'm sure it will be completely sold out by the end of the week.

Betty

OP, I hope you are not complaining?! I just got off the Breakaway about 2 weeks ago, and I told my travel agent I felt like everywhere I went I was walking on 5th Ave in Manhattan! Very crowded.

We had a nice time, but could have done with a few hundred less people... :)

Safe Travels

Enjoy your cruise!

We will be getting on when you get off! Keep the ship nice and pretty!

I'm ironed, clothes in packing cubes and in my luggage.

Can't wait!

FWIW, Bermuda Royal Gazette mentioned that there were 4,000 pax on the Breakaway this week while reporting the tragic training accident involving 4 members of the rescue team.

We've sailed with 4,500 pax, 4,700 and one where we had closer to 4,800 pax - noticeable difference that you can see. For summer sailings, you would think that with KSF and all the free promotions & giveaways, that the BA would be closer to its 5,000+ maximum lifeboat capacity. Less crowded on the ferries and buses and local beaches, etc. - it can be a good thing.

The prohibition ban on soda and bottled water ... it's for real and news to some of you if you haven't been following lately, another NCL change, for your convenience.

Meanwhile, those fire sale Sail Away Rate are definitely getting the attention of bargain hunters - when asked, the senior officer usually will give you the headcounts at the CC Meet & Greet. Do come back & give us the post-cruise report.

OP, I hope you are not complaining?! I just got off the Breakaway about 2 weeks ago, and I told my travel agent I felt like everywhere I went I was walking on 5th Ave in Manhattan! Very crowded.

We had a nice time, but could have done with a few hundred less people... :)

Safe Travels

Yeah, what is my problem????? Maybe because I work in Manhattan and deal with crowds daily so it's what I'm used to.

Anyway, either way I'm planning on having an awesome time. It's just being away and hopefully meeting some nice people to be 1 week friends with.

I'm sailing on the 7/31/16 cruise to Bermuda from NY on the Breakaway. I wanted to try and determine how full the ship is by fake booking for each category and there appears to be quite a few cabins open even with only 10 days from sailing.

I wonder if the decision to not allow water to be brought onboard is the reason there are so many open cabins. Well, I don't need a full ship to have fun but it's interesting to me to see the number of open cabins this close to sailing.

Prices seem to be going UP for your sailing :) must be a sign of demand.

I'm boarding Aug 14, so excited, hope you have an amazing time :)

As long as there are guarantees offered there is really no way of knowing how many cabins are available. They could show 100 available cabins, but if there are 100 guarantees still waiting for assignments, there are really no available rooms.