traditional dining with small kids

hi,

we're on the allure in 2 months.

initially i had MTD , but then 8:30pm dining opened up, and i changed my reservation.

our kids are 18,13 and 3.5, and i started to think that my DD (3.5) will not be able to sit down for such a long meal every night.

thinking of changing back to MTD , and then schedule whenever is appropriate for us , and skip dining room altogether if we feel like it.

what do you think ?

Sounds like a good idea. I have 3 younger kids (10-11) and we find MTD at 5:45 works well. Kids are finished dining usually by 7 and then they are off to the kids club leaving myself and my wife alone to finish our wonderful meal. They love the kids club!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sounds like a good idea. I have 3 younger kids (10-11) and we find MTD at 5:45 works well. Kids are finished dining usually by 7 and then they are off to the kids club leaving myself and my wife alone to finish our wonderful meal. They love the kids club!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

i wish :)

we never ever have dinner at 5:45 (this is like lunch to us :) )

usually around 8pm (even the little girl).

but taking into account the length of the meal, i would probably schedule for 7pm

already talked to my agent, and changed to MTD. now trying to book the right times...

Early traditional will work just fine...that's the time that works best with the kid's club activities....after the 1st night...the waitstaff will bring the younger child's stuff early and they can eat, and leave for the activities...and you can still sit there and enjoy the evening.

i wish :)

we never ever have dinner at 5:45 (this is like lunch to us :) )

usually around 8pm (even the little girl).

but taking into account the length of the meal, i would probably schedule for 7pm

already talked to my agent, and changed to MTD. now trying to book the right times...

No need to stress about the right times...you may find your needs once onboard will vary even from night to night....enjoy the flexibility of MTD...just show up each night when you're ready.

When our youngest was 4&5 (first two cruises) we would do early seating. The staff would have his food ready when we arrived. (Chicken nuggets) He would eat it, then they brought him ice ream and I would walk him up to ocean adventures club. He really did not like sitting for long and was eager to go play. I would come back and finish our meal with husband and two older boys.

Worked out well for all

Linda

thanks for all the replies.

i've changed to MyTime, and will try to schedule for 7pm each night.

as for our 2/Oct cruise the shows are not open yet , i dont know exactly how to plan.

I hope my little one will want to go play in the kids club. but as she doesn't speak English and quite shy, i am not sure how that will work out...

The meal is as long as you make it, really. If you need to go, you let the serving staff know and you go. If you or one of your teens needs to walk the little one around, do it (I mean, outside of the dining room).

If you want to skip it one night, skip it. (It's kind to let the staff know so they don't hold up service for the rest of the table)