Passport Renewal 2016

EMS8

To those of you who will need to renew your passport sometime within the next 6 months or so, I can tell you first hand that it won't take very long to get your new passport.

My DW and I needed to renew our passport. We mailed the "packet" to Philadelphia Pa on July 6 2016 via USPS, requesting normal processing time. Since our next cruise is not until January 2017, there wasn't any need for expedited processing.

We received our new passports today!! A total of 16 calendar days. Now that is fast processing. I think the last time we renewed our passports it took about three to four weeks to get them.

Just thought I would let all of you know how quickly they are processing passport renewal currently.

Thanks for the good info.

• 2 weeks later...

Mailed our renewals the afternoon of Friday, July 22. Received today. 13 calendar days, including two weekends. Not too shabby for regular processing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the info as my passport will have to be renewed later next year. It appears the big push to get passports has ended and the passport center has geared up for an increased demand due to the new requirements for travel to Canada and Mexico. Last time I used AAA to get a passport picture but that was back in 2008.

Thanks for the update. My wife has to get hers renewed for a fall cruise and I've been nudging her. She got the photo done this week, so I am not expecting any issues. And by the way, she said that when she got her photo done, they were pretty rigid about the "hair must be behind at least one ear, and no smile or expression in the photo" rule. Not sure if this is universal, but she said that they did their best to make her look just like she would if she got busted.

That is correct. My DH had to get renewed as well this year. Walgreens did the photo with all of the above mentioned. When she handed him his prints, she said, "He looks like he needs a vacation." True, but he did everything she requested in the photo. I must say it looks pretty bad myself.

My son looks like a mug shot from jail.

We need to have a viewing of whom has the worst passport picture. I am sure we would all enjoy a good laugh. Mine is not much better either. :D

On our recent flights, two different tsa agents told us we better hustle and get them renewed soon because there will be a huge number of people needing new ones and it will take eXtra time. I'll wait until the end of the month since I am hoping to get in a diving trip.

A year ago, our renewals took 8 weeks and did NOT come in time for our cruise in August! They said they were swamped with renewals...you couldn't get ANY info from anybody! It was terrible. So don't count on a fast turnover...you never know how many applicants they have.

Glad to hear things seem better this year.