Identification Inside Luggage

Lizard755

Cell phone number and e-mail covers pretty much all necessary bases for contacting you. No cell phone or e-mail? You shouldn't be traveling.

Why not? People traveled long before the advent of either of those means of communication (or even before communication itself come to think of it;)).

Why not? People traveled long before the advent of either of those means of communication (or even before communication itself come to think of it;)).

And when I was 8 years old, I walked to school by myself. That was then and this is now.

:-(

We always print out a sheet with some details of the trip. One of our names, Flight numbers, pre/post hotel - address & phone number, ship info and our cell phone number. A few years back we started to include a web based email address (gmail, hotmail etc). We started adding the email address because we found that once our cell phone would not work on the local network. We knew we cold still check for an email by using a public wifi hotspot.

We have been very lucky on our trips.

Only had to deal with lost luggage once but it was BOTH of our checked bags. This was on a 90 minute long direct flight that we checked our bags with the airline 2 hours before the flight departed. We flew in the morning prior to the cruise sailing. The airline found our bags the next morning and they got them to us 30 minutes before we had to board the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

NEVER, EVER put your home address or phone number anywhere on luggage! Use a cell phone, and WORK address! If someone wants to know if you're home, and they have your home address AND luggage...you are a target for a break-in! !

In all of my years in law enforcement I never once was aware of a case where the bad guys got info from a suitcase and then burglarized the house. It just doesn't happen because if a crook did find home info in a suitcase, they still don't know if anyone is at home.

And when I was 8 years old, I walked to school by myself. That was then and this is now.

:-(

Granted, still doesn't explain why you think someone without a cell phone or email should not travel. There are other ways of communicating.

...and if you're retired, then what? one more time:rolleyes:

I luckily live in a large apartment complex and don't put my actual apartment number. My daughter, with whom I often travel, puts the address of her dog walker who is a stay at home mom or my apartment building address. Any packages or anything else would have to go through the office as our building is locked anytime the office is closed.

I always have info so that the luggage does find it's way back to me if all info outside gets torn off.

Make it easy

I have a sheet that says " if lost luggage"

contains

full name

cell

then

split in 3 sections

--------------

airline

flight ( airlines can find your info with that)

and then

.-----------------------

hotel

-------------

sea-

Boarding ship XYZ on date

Ports of calls

What information do you feel is necessary to put inside luggage? Name, address, phone number, cruise line, dates etc? How much is too much or too little information?

We put information inside and outside.

On the outside we place it inside a tag so not visible.

On outside, name, address, phone number and e mail.

On inside same information but where we are going such as hotel, cruise line etc.

Just the other day we shipped luggage using a luggage service who, in turn, used Federal Express. On one of three pieces of the luggage the FedEx tag got removed while in out of country customs. Thankfully FedEx e-mailed me directly to ask for the tracking number as my e mail was inside the luggage tag.

Keith