Message regarding Port Arrival for Oasis

Received text message for our cruise on Saturday on Oasis to arrive at port between 12 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Isn't this normal to receive that message? Was planning on arriving at 10:30 a.m.

Jill

Those messages have been going out for months, and to my knowledge, the suggested arrival times have not been enforced at US ports.

Unless the message mentions some specific reason, such as extra sanitation due to Norovirus, I would not be concerned.

Edited by clarea

It didn't specify reason. I thought I had read that it was a common occurrence.

They are trying to spread out the arrivals. If you arrive earlier, you may well get checked in and be able to board before noon. If you arrive earlier and have to wait, then please do not complain.

:)

Those messages have been going out for months, and to my knowledge, the suggested arrival times have not been enforced at US ports.

Unless the message mentions some specific reason, such as extra sanitation due to Norovirus, I would not be concerned.

We had done an Alaska cruise last year and got that same message. They had a few incidents of people getting sick so as a precaution, they did a full sanitation of the ship. A lot of people were upset but I applauded the cruise line for looking out for our safety (I'm in the healthcare field). I'd rather wait an extra 2 hours than spend 2 days sick being forced to stay in my cabin!