Balcony Gty

We are getting ready to book our cruise and the Balcony Gty is $1200.00 cheaper than picking your room. I have never booked a Gty. Need Advice please. Thanks!

If you are OK with being anywhere on the ship, then the guarantee can usually save you some money. You will get a minimum category of whatevr the guarantee specifies, and you could even get a better category, though that is unlikely. Your stateroom can be assigned anytime between the time you book and when you arrive at the pier.

Edited by clarea

I have never found a cabin to be in a $1200 better position, but I don't have mobility issues and haven't had a cabin that was insanely loud ... I always do a GTY if it is available and saves me money and don't have complaints.

We booked an ocean view with balcony GTY with the rate of a D5 category, earlier this year; and we were assigned to a D3 accessible, which is a kind of upgrade, three days after booking.

I'll keep booking GTYs going forward, unless I consider strictly necessary to select my cabin.

Edited by Pipo

We have done it a few times with different results. We managed to get an aft stateroom on the freedom. But our upcoming Cruise on the Harmony we have been given deck14 under the pool area. But as long as I'm on the shop I don't mind!!!!

It is also possible(if it's not a super crazy booked sailing) to call in and request a different cabin, if you do not like the one you are assigned. Just be super cool with the reservation agent and most times they are willing to help you out. We booked our first guarantee cabin on our cruise in September because they didn't have any other options available on the website for the cabin category we booked. We ended up on deck 3 right by the on air club when we got our cabin assignment and I called in and got us moved to deck 9 close by to the elevator(which is what I wanted).

Edited by Lordnlkon

We are getting ready to book our cruise and the Balcony Gty is $1200.00 cheaper than picking your room. I have never booked a Gty. Need Advice please. Thanks!

Go for it. If you don't like the cabin they assign you can call and have them move it. I have done that many times. Just did it on Enchantment. Upgraded to a Balcony QTY. They assigned my cabin and it was too far forward for us so I called and got a more aft Port Side right in front on the aft elevator.

We originally did a D2 GTY and ended up with a D1 so very nice.

Edited by karena1

My wife & I just booked a balcony guarantee For 12-16-16 cruise on Anthem & got a great cabin on deck 10 which is 3 times closer to the elevator than our 3-2016 which way back on deck 10 & had to do a lot of walking.