Port Canaveral restaurants

Hoop0527

We will be staying in Port Canaveral in October the night before the cruise. It happens to be my birthday that day, so I'm looking for somewhere to go for a nice dinner. I don't eat seafood but DH does so I'm hoping to find a place that has a variety of options. Can anyone help? Thanks!

We like the channel area too and tend to go to Fishlips. Not that Grills is bad, just prefer Fishlips. Haven't tried Rusty's but hear it is good as well. Don't worry, there will be several posters that likely will come on and tell you none of these places are any good and give other names too. Food is always a personal preference.

Most of the places mentioned specialize in seafood.

But there are a couple of good places with more variety in food a short way down Atlantic Blvd, the main drag where most of the hotels are in Port Canaveral. One is Café Vargas, a good Cuban place for something you might not get in PA. Another is Papa Vito's an excellent Italian restaurant, very popular. Backwoods Steakhouse has really good ribeyes and offers a selection of other meats as well as seafood. Very casual place with good service. All of these are short taxi rides if you don't have a car or straight shots down A1A if you do.

And if you happen to be staying at the Radisson (or even the Renaissance Inn or Country Inn and Suites) you should at least stop into Preachers Bar for a drink just to gawk at the décor. :)

I read someone mentioned Backwoods, etc. Please know the restaurant scene here is always changing! Barcelona closed, Beef O'Brady's closed, Mango Tree, etc.

Backwoods closed a few months ago! The new place is called Ohana J's and we ate there on the 2nd night after opening. It is pricey. Steaks are good but we cannot recommend the limited seafood choices at this time. Décor and ambience is basic with paper napkins, no tablecloths, no placemats, etc. Good for families with $$$ perhaps but not special occasions.

Can the OP share a bit more information? Will you have a vehicle? Looking for a top dinner experience (E.g. Florida's Fresh Grill) or an affordable good night out? Want water views or not important? How about somewhere not typical beach-style - e.g. Euro Café)

Edited by SteerageJoe

Thank you to everyone for all of the suggestions! There are definitely lots of options.

We will have a vehicle there so we can pretty much travel wherever. I'm not looking for top of the line restaurants but something that is average price and decent.

average price and decent takes you back to the port trilogy

Grills, Fishlips and Rusty's ... these look out at the port

prefer an ocean view? Coconuts on the beach

Edited by Capt_BJ

Thank you to everyone for all of the suggestions! There are definitely lots of options.

We will have a vehicle there so we can pretty much travel wherever. I'm not looking for top of the line restaurants but something that is average price and decent.