Danish krone to us dollars

I am sure someone can help me with reading the Conversion of KR to US. I have a tour organized for #16 people at 234,000 KR which came out to $35,000 US am I reading this wrong, I can't believe a Tour would run that much. Thank You.

I don't know about the tour, but the conversion is accurate.

I am sure someone can help me with reading the Conversion of KR to US. I have a tour organized for #16 people at 234,000 KR which came out to $35,000 US am I reading this wrong, I can't believe a Tour would run that much. Thank You.

You have probably misplaced the decimal point. In Europe, they use a comma instead.

Thank you, I am misreading their comma that we would use a a decimal point. This is for a full day and friend wrote back telling me it would be more around $121 US dollars PP. the quote came out as 235,000 KR and when I went to the Conversion it kept showing up around 35,035.22 dollars. Wheeze, that would be higher then $121 then. I know when we went to NZ the average tour was over $100 PP Aust.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Denmark is a fairly expensive country, but prices tend to be similiar to what we have in London. I would imagine it is more likely be USD121.00, but even that seems fairly expensive, although would possibly be that if it is a full day excursion with lunch included.

It is a full day but lunch will be on our own. our NZ tours were running us close to if not $100 PP. What we paid in tours for the 3 cruises back I could have paid for another Cruise.:D The tour in question for next year is the South Shore tour in Reyjkavik.

Sorry, I'm confused, I thought you were asking about Denmark, but you now say the excursion is in Iceland ? A tour in I eland will easily cost USD121.00 as it is very expensive. We were there last year and I was also surprised how much the excursions cost us.

You said your tour is in Iceland, I guess you also booked with an Icelandic tour operator and not a Danish one. In that case, it's not Danish Kroner, but Icelandic Krona and thus 234,000 ISK convert to approx. 1912 USD, which seems quite logic to me and to your friend's calculation also.

Shenaz, that makes sense, no wonder I was calling for help.:) My mind is stuck on Copenhagen and wasn't paying attention that we would be in Iceland for the tours , not Copenhagen. This will be our first trip and we are excited.

London Tower, we plan on booking the combo HOHO & Canal Tour. We will be there 3 days before the cruise, so will have most of day 1 when we land to see things near by then the remaining two days to really get out & sight see. Thank you all for your help.

I was , I was mentioning the high cost of Tours when we did NZ in comparison to our Copenhagen TA and Iceland next August of 2017.

Don't know why you would compare the price of tours in NZ with Iceland or Denmark. They're not even the same continent. When we were in Iceland, we (6 of us) hired a van and driver for the day and thought it was a very good value. He even accepted US$. I would definitely go that way instead of a very large tour bus.

Only reason I was using it as a comparison, was the fact, both Australia and Iceland are expensive when it came to the tours. As far as our Iceland Tour, I took over the tour on our Roll Call when the lady in charge, switched cruises. Since my husband & I were on her tour I accepted taking it over. Thus the arrangements were all made and people signed up. The vans hold no more then 16 to make it comfortable for everyone. I really don't have anything to do other then check everyone in before we head out to the Van or replace any cancellations.

DH doesn't get overly excited about a cruise except to say, "What another one" but he got all excited when I told him about the TA from Copenhagen. We can't wait.:)He starts getting excited for our cruises when we are about to leave and boards the ship then he is ready to have fun, before that he leaves everything to Mom to set up. LOL

Edited by Desert Cruizers