Terrible unique change to early cancellation means I will never go CCL again!

Prior to our first cruise, I researched the various terms and conditions for the different fares that Carnival offered.

We've booked Early Saver for all six of our cruises--have received various price drops on five of the six cruises. The latest price drop was Saturday for our November cruise.

Thank you to the OP--I have been warned. Thanks for your help. :D

You are totally right. My bad. After going on so many cruises; many with CLL, and liking the itinerary for nest January, and purchasing the "CLL insurance! After almost 20 years of cruising, I did not read the fine print. But that is why I am posting this as a warning to others, as I have done so many cruises and didn't realize that with my double price as a solo adding up to a comparable price to both NCL and Holland without an early saver price, with so much less to offer than they used to offer and what their competitors offer that CLL would treat customers this way. early saver rate offers me a very small reduction in price, no other lines have a similar price structure that costs so much so far in advance. caveat preemptor!

We don't book Early Saver because we don't like the conditions, so we pay more knowing we can get our deposit back if we cancel, you booked Early Saver and took a risk, so to speak.

What would be the point of having Early Saver if they refunded you fully? Kind of like Insurance, those that don't purchase it, something happens and then they complain that the cruise line is cold hearted.

I agree and I'm a bit confused. Is the OP saying that she cancels cruises a lot to get a better deal with another cruise line?

:confused:

Maybe the OP has a history of cancelling cruises and she's on Carnivals list of "seller beware."

OP was referring to Carnival cutbacks ("cancelling"), just stating in their rant that they've put up with all the cutbacks but felt Carnival did 'em wrong in this instance. Not the first nor last that got bit by not knowing the penalty until they wanted to cancel.

OP was referring to Carnival cutbacks ("cancelling"), just stating in their rant that they've put up with all the cutbacks but felt Carnival did 'em wrong in this instance. Not the first nor last that got bit by not knowing the penalty until they wanted to cancel.

Where do you find the OP referring to cutbacks. Cause OP says nothing about cutbacks in the original post. And now I am going to say right out what I hinted at earlier. Unless the OP has thousands of dollars to throw away, this story is made up to make Carnival look bad. For proof re-read the original post. No real reason given for canceling. Then says booked a cruise on NCL for same period. Never canceled cruise on Carnival. So if story is true in OP's mind in order to avoid paying small cancellation fee, will pay thousands for cruise they are not going on. If that is their idea of teaching a lesson, please teach me a few.

you booked the Early Saver rate is what you did to impose a fee. $50.00 per person and any balance to be held towards a future cruise within 2 years.

As one poster said, many places have cancel policies depending on what you booked. I work for a hotel and ppl always say " I have NEVER heard of blah blah" yeah ok.. like I never travel either.. sheesh.

Don't let it dampen your trip when you go.. then your really losing out on the money you have paid.

maybe the pile isn't high enough. :confused: :p

I doubt she will be back anytime soon (at least to a Carnival thread), I can tell you she has not responded to my friend request.........

Edited by jimbo5544