Questions about MSC Yacht club experience

Ktravels

On embarkation you'll be asked by the concierge to choose your daily newspaper from a list of available ones that can be downloaded and printed. It will be duly hanging outside your door each morning. A nice way to start the day with your wake-up cup of coffee! :cool:

unfortunately not 24/day. on divina you can order pizza after 20 h, on fantasia after 21 h and on preziosa on noon and again after 18h. (afaik). you butler will deliver the pizza.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...
We were on deck 16 at the bow. Those were his cabins. Is that where you are? I'm hoping for you!!

There was also another wonderful butler who went out of his way to help us whenever he saw us. I wish I could remember his name. He was from India. I'm so bad with names. I wish I wrote them all down!

It's possible you are referring to Victor :). He is from India and he was our butler on Divina this year In April. We loved him! After one day he knew what we like, what my 5 year old son likes and was there for every wish we had. We will be in YC in December on Fantasia and made a request at MSC to have him as a butler again.

Bea was referring to Jacques from Madagascar. He was there as well - very nice guy. Always coming to talk to us when we were in the lounge and he liked to make jokes with my son. Very nice people, we felt wonderful and we were so sad when the cruise was over..

I'm sorry to hear that Jacques was on Divina last month. That means he won't be on Meraviglia when I board in 5 weeks time! :mad: :loudcry: :eek:

Oh Bea, if he is the only Jacques from Madagascar, yes, he was on Divina when we sailed 1st - 8th of April....He was always coming to talk to us when we were in the lounge - the only place we met him during the cruise. We also liked Marie from Madagascar - she was also in the lounge. She and Jacques used to speak French to my little one and making jokes with him. We loved them both....

But next time you sail in YC, ask for him in advance. When we booked our cruise for December on Fantasia, we asked for Victor, our butler, in comments to MSC. He told us he normally finishes this contract in September and he would also try to be on Fantasia for his next contract as of November...

Sounds so like the same Jacques - an absolute darling. And such an amazing, genuine smile that you can't help but fall in love with! He was on Divina when she returned to Miami from the Med and it seems like he's been on her for all his contracts since. Looks like I'll have to consider a stateside cruise if I've any chance of seeing him again. That won't be for some time as our next 3-4 cruises are on ships other than YC ones.

Sounds so like the same Jacques - an absolute darling. And such an amazing, genuine smile that you can't help but fall in love with! He was on Divina when she returned to Miami from the Med and it seems like he's been on her for all his contracts since. Looks like I'll have to consider a stateside cruise if I've any chance of seeing him again. That won't be for some time as our next 3-4 cruises are on ships other than YC ones.

If he prefers to have contracts on Divina, then he would come to Europe as Divina will be replaced by Seaside to sail the Carribean. In any case, it would be good if you could inquiry about him if you would like to see him again.

We also have the next cruise on MSC Musica and we booked an AuREA suite. I liked the itinerary so didn't have a choice with another vessel... I wonder how it would be after we sail In YC...

Looks like they're planning a huge party event - it should be great fun.

About Jacques - I think he might like to stay stateside rather than just be on Divina - he may transfer to Seaside? Hopefully someone on Meraviglia will know him and pass on our regards to him.

Sailing outside of YC will be very different for you. While an Aurea Suite will be very nice, it won't have a lot of the things that make YC so good. That's not to say that you won't enjoy it and it'll be good for you to have a new onboard experience.

Personally, I'm (almost) as happy in a balcony cabin. Only 3 out of my 15 MSC cruises have been in YC. We've been doing 4 cruises a year for the last couple of years and this year will be the same so we don't always stretch to YC or else it's not on the ship we're sailing. We're on Magnifica and Orchestra after YC on Meraviglia, so no YC on them. We're planning to do a big trip next year, incorporating a cruise on Opera, so, again, no YC cabin plans for the foreseeable future. We're looking at Splendida's repo from Dubai to China in 2019 but I think YC (if it were possible for us to book - we don't usually get access to YC for repos) would be a tad too expensive. If it were a special occasion, perhaps, but we're not celebrating anything significant in 2019 - apart from, hopefully, being alive and in good health!