LIVE and SOLO on the Norwegian Escape: July 31, 2016

Victorious8

I'm also deathly hungover so I will post more later. I hope soon I will stop thinking in a British/Irish accent.

Overall it was a great time. I had no complaints about anything at all. I loved the solo thing but I actually was homesick for my family more than I thought. I plan to make my family feel a bit guilty with my cruise next deposits so they will come with me next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you have to eat alone a lot during your trip? On other cruise lines you have the option of shared dining so my big concern on cruising solo would be whether I would end up eating alone at every meal.

Edited by Jana60

Unfortunately I didn't eat much in general. Drinking makes me lose my appetite! They always had dinners planned for solos but I had a group of solos who let me tag along with them. I ate at Food republic, taste/savor, and Manhattan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am finally feeling a bit back to normal so I will try to add some more information. I don't really think it makes sense to go day by day because really a lot of it was just drinking and shenanigans. I'll bold these parts to make it easier for others:

The District:

Loved the staff there, Edward is leaving the ship but I think he said he was going back. I failed epically with trying to drink beers on the first Sea Day. I can't decide if it was trying to drink all of the stouts or the shotgunning of the beers. Apparently that was the first time that had been done. I think I only got to 12 beers. The joke between some of my friends is that the girls bathroom sink should have been on the leaderboard since I may or may not have finished a few beers in there. I stayed out of there for a while and I am not sure if I will be able to enjoy a beer for a long time.

VIBE:

Vibe was awesome per usual. Since there was a large group of people doing a back to back who got the passes during my week they sort of owned the bar. Luckily the graciously let me hang with them which really made my trip. Most noteable was the Hurricane Earl afternoon. When we left Mexico the wind was absolutely crazy. It was actually slightly less severe in the hot tub but you almost couldn't stand by the bar. I think I might have done an upside down handstand twerk on the railing during the storm.

SHOWS:

I didn't go to any, that is pretty typical for me actually. I did go to Headliners a few times for Howl at the Moon which I really enjoyed. We also did Karaoke once in 5'O clock but it was sort of obnoxious with all the hyper children in there screaming on the mics. I would HATE working there, being at cocktail waitress and a bar that did karaoke was bad enough.

Bars:

I did not have problems getting drinks, I also seemed to be in the minority of people tipping per drink. However, I do know of a lot of people who gave staff large tips at the end of the trip. The only place I found trouble getting a drink was at the pool bar during the Mr. Sexy legs competition. I obviously didn't spend much time at the pool.

Slides/Ropes Course:

I did the waterslides and the ropes course while we were in Port in Mexico. Love the drop slides and they ropes course. Drop slides were such a rush and a great way to wake up. The ropes course was also really fun. It was sort of scary but once I got used to it I felt better. I did end up having to wear my cowgirl boots lol. I was nervous they would fall off but it all worked out!

More to follow

Not to but in here, they're the same restaurant basically. One is port side and other starboard. They have the similar decor and the exact same menu.

I was just reading an NCL post a few days ago and one poster said the staff in one of the dining rooms was "more flexible" than the other - so sad I can't remember whether it was Taste or Savor !! It might have been something about fixing a 'to go' container - one restaurant would do it, but the other one flat out refused. I only paid attention because I usually don't have an appetite by the time I get to dessert in the MDRs. If there's something interesting for dessert, it would be great to be able to take it and eat it later, like a fruit and cheese course I could nibble as I knock down a glass of port.

Great outfits ! Thanks for the fashion show ! That red dress was stunning, I was flashing back to Matrix and Battlestar Galactica. (PS You wore it better !!)

Glad you're having fun, I figured that was the reason for the long waits between posts. There are only so many days and nights to burn the candle at both ends, it sounds like you did a great job ; )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...