LIVE and SOLO on the Norwegian Escape: July 31, 2016

Victorious8

So jealous. On the ship with Vibe pass in hand.

Thanks for posting the pic of today's daily. I get that beggars can't be choosers but any chance we could get the daily pic at least the same size as the PBR can? :-)

The app is weird about how they posts pictures. Sometimes I put "medium quality" and it's better than "best". I'm going to try best for this again and maybe it's better? Either way I have it on my phone so I can probably posts in when I'm off the boat.

71f96c2e45fb107f22e5444aae99e491_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I never thought about that. Great Point!!!! The terminal is not NCL owned. For all with problems bringing on Coke products, I'm thinking you could buy them in the waiting area, and stuff them in your carry ons. You won't be checked again going on to the ship.

I don't even think you would need to try and seek it. There is no place to check after that. I grabbed a Powerade (already thinking about that hangover) and it was in my bag and I didn't even think about it and no one checked at all!

I don't even think you would need to try and seek it. There is no place to check after that. I grabbed a Powerade (already thinking about that hangover) and it was in my bag and I didn't even think about it and no one checked at all!

We'll have to see if NCL figures it out Then they'll have the terminal take the vending machines out for our convenience and security. LOL

Feeling a bit tipsy with my 4 drinks at "home". I went up to the Vibe with my beer so met the staff (because I wanted to never use that wristband) but didn't get a drink there.

I have made friends with other solos who are doing a reunion cruise so yay for friends! I also found some people who took the Washington bar exam. We promised to not talk about the exam though!

So far things are great. I'm at the buffet filling up on chicken fingers and forgotten dreams!

I will try and give you a better idea once I meet my Vibe-mates. I was first in group one. No one was in there getting vibe passes when I went in (I had to be one of the first people) but I was handed number 42. Not sure if I was 42nd or not I definitely was the first people from terminal B regular boarders that got there.

Since I was first for everything it's hard to say where group 2 started etc.

They don't bother to put the numbers back in order week to week. My husband and our friends had 4 numbers that weren't even close to each other despite being together in line. They know how many passes there are, and they hand out that many numbers. Order doesn't matter. I've seen people here post that they were the 60th pass based on number, when they were probably 15 or something.

Vibe on Escape is the best!! Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Maybe wifi isnt too good :)

What compounds the problem is the limited hours of the Internet help desk on the first couple days. It opens up at 9am, and there's usually a line of 25-30 people from the start. And it moves as fast as the WIFI.

I suspect our live poster will be in that line. And then she'll resurface, with a drink in hand.

Edited by TheDougOut

Congrats on your celebration trip! Your Nana will be with you always. We sail in September. Thanks for taking time to post live. We're hoping to score a Vibe pass too. We also have the UBP which we intend on taking advantage of. Enjoy your trip!

[quote name=Victorious8;50631710

My Nana was my closest friend' date=' and my biggest supporter. She was loud, silly and loved to travel. I wouldn't be where I am without all that she did for me. So while I am "solo" on this trip I know that she is with me. It's with some of the generous gift that she gave me when she passed that I am even able to take this trip. My Nana was one to never give a hoot about what people thought.

0f210015756c715f0d707674a507950f.jpg

This was us on our British Isles cruise in August 2013.

-Vic

Well, Vic, I will honor your request not to quote in subsequent posts, but I was very moved by your Nana. I had a Nana like that, but I called her Bestemor, because she was Norwegian. I sailed with her to and from Norway in 1963, when I was 10. We were to take a world cruise when I graduated from high school in 1971. Unfortunately she passed away suddenly in 1970, so we never got that last trip together either. I really like your idea of 'taking her with me' on my cruise !!

I can't wait to read the rest of your tale ! I am going solo on the Getaway in February 2017 for my 64th birthday. Unlike you, I plan on hitting every beach from Miami to Roatan before I return to a frigid and dreary Minnesota ! I might stay onboard in Cozumel though, to have the run of the ship and swim in every pool !

I've never solo cruised before and had the same problem getting people to commit to a cruise. I still don't understand that, but I'm an extrovert too, so solo doesn't scare me and I'm never bored - there is always something interesting to see or do or watch or learn, even when NOT onboard a cruise ship ! And of course, the beer and wine helps. And rum can fix most anything !

warm regards,

Kristine

bd4057d08cc2732259e890acc65eb74a.jpg

I may have over packed! Luckily I have a luggage scale and my suitcase was at 49.5 lbs!

That's a lot to handle ! I hope it means we'll get a fashion show when you get to snapping photos ! Have a wonderful time, push the envelope and make MEMORIES !

Enjoying your review, and hope you are having a great time:) I am booked on Escape for next year September, also in a studio. So am soaking up every bit of info on this ship. Have a great time, and looking forward to hearing more about it when you get a chance.