Any incentive when booking onboard

Bedruthen

We have never sailed on QM2 but are interested in the World Voyage.

We are thinking about booking a 2 night break on her to try the ship out before we book, but we were wondering if Cunard are likely offer any incentives if we then booked the world cruise whilst on board? On board credit, free gratuities, anything likely?

Do you think Cunard would be able to tell me, if I ring them?

Offers may be posted on the Cunard website. You could start by looking there. Signing up for emails/mailings is another way to keep abreast of offers/deals.

We've never taken a short-cruise, like the 2-day you mention, but I have read on this board that there can be dissatisfactions with such an experience. I don't recommend that you base your opinions on doing this.

DH and I have had many happy, relaxing days aboard the QM2. Our longest experience aboard her was 28 days. It was delightful: enough to do (and variety), good entertainment, the lovely library, interesting ports, friendly fellow passengers…

Read some threads posted from folks aboard past World Cruises and you can get an idea how pleasant sailing on the QM2 can be.

Best wishes,

Jimmybean

You can get OBC for your World Cruise by paying a Future Cruise Down Payment but you don't need to book the cruise until you get home either through an agent or Cunard.

I do not think that there is any OBC for using future cruise deposits on World Cruises. We used ours as part of our deposit but were told that there would not be any OBC applied. I would love to hear that I am wrong. :)

I do not think that there is any OBC for using future cruise deposits on World Cruises. We used ours as part of our deposit but were told that there would not be any OBC applied. I would love to hear that I am wrong. :)

I agree that this is the case. If you do book a whole world voyage or liner voyage (2 or more sectors of a world voyage) whilst on board you will receive a 3% discount on the price rather than any extra OBC which you would receive on other types of voyages.

Will

While I have no experience with World Cruises (I can only wish.), I believe I've read on CC that at least one of the lines sometimes offer, as an incentive, that they will cover the cost of the "Hotel Service Charge" (the daily tip) that is added to your on-board account each day.

I would think that would be QUITE the incentive and much better than a few dollars of OBC. I'd certainly inquire. The worst they could do is say, "NO".:)

Edit: Typing while WillH was typing ... the 3% sounds even better!

Cheers!

Edited by AZNative2000

Oh, our early booking incentives are wonderful.

Our gratuities are included and that makes us very happy.

And we supposedly got a 3% discount as well.

I am not complaining, simply pointing out that the OBC is not happening on a World Cruise.

I did not have to book onboard and our last Cunard experience was in 2014, a 28 day fiord trip.

Cannot wait.

Why not try and get a ships visit first, we visited QM2 a few years ago, and we not that impressed, and we don't really know why! You appear to be fairly experienced cruisers, so you will probably know that short cruises do not give a true picture of longer cruises. We are off on QE in a few weeks, and we prefer ships of that size, having been on Arcadia many times.

We have never sailed on QM2 but are interested in the World Voyage.

We are thinking about booking a 2 night break on her to try the ship out before we book, but we were wondering if Cunard are likely offer any incentives if we then booked the world cruise whilst on board? On board credit, free gratuities, anything likely?

Do you think Cunard would be able to tell me, if I ring them?

from memory you will get OBC if you book a WC on board, future cruise deposit can be booked on board for a nominal sum which gives you OBC for any future cruise booked direct with Cunard or through a TA within a year, book full WC and I am sure you get gratuities paid

Edited by sogne
add info