How many to debark with Platinum?

Runaway Parent

No slams here, please. I'm trying to find out the rules so I don't break the rules.

We are traveling with extended family on this next cruise. How many can use priority debarkation with us at the conclusion of the cruise? Both my husband and I are platinum.

We are trying to make sure we can get everyone to the airport on time. We drive, they will need to fly out.

I asked the young lady leading debarkation on our last cruise and she wasn't sure-- she thought 3 or 4 for each of us. Told me to call Carnival to find out for sure. I will do that is someone doesn't have a good answer here.

How many in your "extended" family? What time is their flight? Can't they go to GS an obtain a low number to debark?

Of course, but that still means someone is waiting. Either we wait and debark late with them, or we debark and wait outside of the terminal for them to debark.

There will be a total of 11 adults and 1 infant. 2 of the adults won't debark until wheelchair assist. Three of the adults need to get to the airport.

12-2 platinum - 10

10-2 wheelchair assist =8

That would mean, at most, 4 people with each platinum debarking, which would be at the upper limit of what we were told was a maybe. Just wanting to check.

If we can't, we can't-- we can at least assist those that need to get to the airport and the rest can do self-assist. Not trying to break the rules. At the same time, if allowed, why not?

No slams here, please. I'm trying to find out the rules so I don't break the rules.

We are traveling with extended family on this next cruise. How many can use priority debarkation with us at the conclusion of the cruise? Both my husband and I are platinum.

We are trying to make sure we can get everyone to the airport on time. We drive, they will need to fly out.

I asked the young lady leading debarkation on our last cruise and she wasn't sure-- she thought 3 or 4 for each of us. Told me to call Carnival to find out for sure. I will do that is someone doesn't have a good answer here.

Only those booked in the cabin with a platinum passenger are entitled to platinum privileges. One of the purposes of your online check-in is to inform Carnival of your travel plans. Those with early flights after the cruise should get a low number luggage tag to debark the ship. If they don't have an early flight, they are not entitled to early debarkation privileges unless they purchase Faster to the Fun. Why would Carnival give away the privilege to a few when others have to pay for it? So if you don't want to break the rules, have them purchase Faster to the Fun.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-(fttf)

Edited by winddawn

This is my problem with your plan. If every platinum thought it was OK to bring 4 to 5 extra people with them, think about how crowded the waiting room for disembark would be. there would not be room for all diamond, platinum, and FTTF people in the room! I would suggest buying FTTF for those not platinum and then there would be no problem. Also, asking for lower zones for those with early flights means those people would disembark right after you.

Pat

Of course, but that still means someone is waiting. Either we wait and debark late with them, or we debark and wait outside of the terminal for them to debark.

There will be a total of 11 adults and 1 infant. 2 of the adults won't debark until wheelchair assist. Three of the adults need to get to the airport.

12-2 platinum - 10

That would mean, at most, 4 people with each platinum debarking, which would be at the upper limit of what we were told was a maybe. Just wanting to check.

If we can't, we can't-- we can at least assist those that need to get to the airport and the rest can do self-assist. Not trying to break the rules. At the same time, if allowed, why not?

Why can't the 3 take a cab? What time is the flight?

Not slamming, but this is clearly breaking the rules. Priority debarkation is only for Diamond, Platinum and FTTF guests.

If others need to be off the ship early they can do self assist or get a lower debarkation number. I'm sure there are other guests with early flights who would love to get off as soon as possible, but they wait their turn.

You stated 11 or 12 people? How big is your car? Are you driving them the airport? What time is the flight? Why not just have them do self assist, and get off early and take a taxi? Better question would be - How early and how do I get a group 12 people early instead of trying to use you status as a means. You would get better answers.

We have been asked to show our S&S cards at the designated debarkation waiting area. Those that were not Platinum nor Diamond nor their cabin mates were directed elsewhere.

If you want to make sure that everyone makes their flights, it might be best to arrange shuttle transportation for your family members.

Another issue is getting the appropriate luggage tags on their bags. Doesn't do any good for them to be off the ship if their bags are not in the baggage area. Trip to guest services will probably get all questions answered.

I've also been wondering about this. We're sailing with my parents (we're plat, this is their first Carnival cruise). We're driving to the port together. Is it really going to be that big of a deal if they disembark with us?

While I understand the logic in some questioning the need (from their perspective), in this case (at least) there is no pain or gain as it is only getting off the ship (from my perspective). We do this fairly regularly when we are traveling in groups (which we almost always do). Carnival has been supportive of it before we were Platinum or Diamond and are happy to oblige. I am sure this will bring a torrent of replies but wanted to reply to your post.

They only problem is, do you have a low enough number on your bag. This is supposing you left your bag outside the door the night before. If you have a high number, you will have to wait. You can go to guest services and get low numbers if they are necessary, to catch a flight etc.

I usually bring a number 1 tag from a previous cruise to use, just in case. I am platinum, so they are usually issued low numbers.

If not, say your good bye's aboard, and let everyone go their seperate way. Especially if they are not traveling "together".

Carrying your own bag off will insure everyone can get off together early.

They only problem is, do you have a low enough number on your bag. This is supposing you left your bag outside the door the night before. If you have a high number, you will have to wait. You can go to guest services and get low numbers if they are necessary, to catch a flight etc.

I usually bring a number 1 tag from a previous cruise to use, just in case. I am platinum, so they are usually issued low numbers.

If not, say your good bye's aboard, and let everyone go their seperate way. Especially if they are not traveling "together".

Carrying your own bag off will insure everyone can get off together early.

GS has always given us the number (both on the tag as well as quantity we have asked for to match up with ours).

While I understand the logic in some questioning the need (from their perspective), in this case (at least) there is no pain or gain as it is only getting off the ship (from my perspective). We do this fairly regularly when we are traveling in groups (which we almost always do). Carnival has been supportive of it before we were Platinum or Diamond and are happy to oblige. I am sure this will bring a torrent of replies but wanted to reply to your post.

What is the world coming to when you violate the rules. Who would have thought:eek:

This is my problem with your plan. If every platinum thought it was OK to bring 4 to 5 extra people with them, think about how crowded the waiting room for disembark would be.

My wife, daughter and I have been platinum for a long time (I know, we're special) and here's what we do. We've traveled with as many as 6 other people and they join us in the dining room on Deck 3 to priority self-assist to leave the ship.

I'm not doing a thing wrong as per instructions we've received from Carnival. It's akin to the same thing I'm allowed to do when at tender ports. We can each bring up to 5 guests with us for priority tendering. When in Grand Cayman last time we took everyone at our dinner table with us. I'm doing it again in Half Moon Cay later this year and Grand Cayman this winter.

In 30 cruises, all but 6 of them on Carnival I've never seen priority debarkation take longer than 5-10 minutes from start to finish. Relax.

Edited by BallFour4

There's my troublemaker...

Hope you get sunny sea days and warm weather on your next trip!

Edited by BallFour4

I've also been wondering about this. We're sailing with my parents (we're plat, this is their first Carnival cruise). We're driving to the port together. Is it really going to be that big of a deal if they disembark with us?

If they are not in your cabin and not platinum then no they should not debark with you. You however are welcome to debark with them during general debarkation.

12-2 platinum - 10

Wheelchair assist. Is that ship assist or family assist?

Ruthless Parent, I am sorry, but am I missing something? Why can you not say good bye to everyone on the ship? We are Platinum and would not try to disembark 10-12 people with us. There is a reason that they have numbers for getting off the ship. What if everyone that is Platinum or above, decided to do the same this? CAN YOU IMAGINE THE CHAOS?