B2B Question

Muumuu

You don't move your own luggage. Just pack everything and leave stuff in the closet on the hangars. Put your new room luggage tags on your bags just in case. Of course, empty your safe and take all your valuables with you. Tell your room steward you are on a B2B and remind them again the night before and they will move your luggage, carry-ons, and hanging clothes.

So, on the last night before disembark day of the first leg, you will receive a letter telling you where to meet and at what time. Usually, you will go to one of the bars or guest services or a dining room at around 10am or something like that. Just take your purse and valuables. In your meeting spot, they will take your old S&S card and give you the new ones (plus return your old one that will no longer work). They will walk you all down to customs and then right back onto the ship. At that point, you can go to your new cabin and your stuff should already be there INSIDE your room. They don't just leave it in the hallway.

Have fun!

We usually pack up our own bags and walk them to the new cabin after first running over to new cabin and getting an ok from the new cabin steward.

We once waited for several hours as instructed for someone to bring a luggage cart and finally gave up. It took a couple of trips, but at least by moving things ourselves we knew everything would make it to the new cabin. In hindsight, we could have left the bags ready for our steward to transfer them at his convenience or when his morning schedule allowed and been just fine.

I am intrigued by the idea of being able to have them move our things without packing up the hanging clothes. It wouldn't have been an option on our recent B2B's, but maybe when the kids are older and more of their clothes are hung up.

For now, we try to keep the same room.

I'd definitely ask guest services and/or the room stewards what would work best.

Love, love, love cruising back to back!

Jennifer

Doing a B2B with a room change, deck 1 to 8.

What is the sequence of events, when do I physically move my luggage?

I've done multiple back-to-back cruises and all you need to do is leave your hang up clothes in the closet and put everything else in your suitcase. Your cabin steward and your new cabin steward will work together to transfer all your belongings to the new cabin. If you make sure that your cabin Steward knows the plan early in the 1st cruise they will usually have arranged this with your next cabin Steward well before debarcation day. It's really nice to avoid wrinkling your clothes by just leaving them hanging.

We have never done a back to back so I ma curious. Why would you not book the same room for both legs of the cruise?

Because when they booked it's possible that they didn't have any cabins that they wanted available on both cruises. Or maybe they took an upsell for the 2nd cruise.

We now only book B2B and have not accepted any upsells we've been offered cuz they haven't been offered for both cruises.

We want to stay in same cabin.

We have never done a back to back so I ma curious. Why would you not book the same room for both legs of the cruise?

It is easier to stay in the same cabin, but moving isn't terribly hard.

First time changing cabins, we had two odd cabins on the Conquest- an L balcony and a huge corner OV. Neither were available for both cruises.

The second time sailed with DH in an OV on the first cruise then went into a Balcony triple with Mom and Sis.

We go guest services during the first cruise to make sure we were on the B2B list.

We pack everything up and put the new cabin's luggage tag on the luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We originally booked the 11 day cruise and were going to stay in San Juan for 4 days after the cruise. The Marriott was $1600 for 4 days with taxes. Our TA said we can get on B2B on another balcony for $1800, took the second leg and cancelled the resort. We had different cabins as we booked the B2B a few months after we booked the first leg. We did not have to get off the ship. We did customs in the showroom. We would have liked to stay in the same room.

We talked to our cabin steward who said he could move us, but we moved ourselves from cabin A to cabin B (port to starboard on same deck) on debark/embark day (didn't want anything to get lost and they are busy enough already).

Just took clothes on hangars (left them hung up) to new location and moved new cabin's hangars back to previous cabin. Rolled the luggage to new room and was set to go in about 10 minutes.

Later, we were walked down to the gangway (not the debark deck) by a staff member, along with about 20 others that were B2B'ing. A Customs official came on board, looked at out paper work and said "enjoy your cruise." 5 minutes, max for all 20 of us.

Never even got off the ship (This was in Jacksonville)

Very easy.

GP

Am excited to start my first B2B in 12 days! I'll have different cabins (deck 9 then 7) so really appreciate this thread and reading of other's experience. Couple of questions...

With the first leg cabin, do you still have to be out around 8:30 when the stewards normally run everyone out so they can do their turn around work?

I guess with 'taking valuables' that means taking your carry-ons. Will the B2B group be going down stairs during the walk off/on process?

Do the stewards do the B2B cabins first so when you come to the 2nd leg room, it's already done and you can stay in it? or do you need to leave for awhile?

Thanks all!

Am excited to start my first B2B in 12 days! I'll have different cabins (deck 9 then 7) so really appreciate this thread and reading of other's experience. Couple of questions...

With the first leg cabin, do you still have to be out around 8:30 when the stewards normally run everyone out so they can do their turn around work?

I guess with 'taking valuables' that means taking your carry-ons. Will the B2B group be going down stairs during the walk off/on process?

Do the stewards do the B2B cabins first so when you come to the 2nd leg room, it's already done and you can stay in it? or do you need to leave for awhile?

Thanks all!

1) You still need to be out of the cabin by 8:30 am because your cabin steward must get that cabin ready for the next occupant unless you are in the same cabin for both cruises.

2) I've always taken my money and passport but I haven't usually taken my jewelry or medications out of the room during the changeover. I'm less concerned about my cabin Steward moving my luggage including jewelry and medication down the hall to a new room then I would be if checking luggage at the dock. When I am staying in the same room for the second Cruise I don't even take my money. On my last back to back when it was time to do the walk off with the rest of the back-to-back group I carried only my passport, my customs declaration certificate, and my sail & Sign card.

3) they do try to get the next room ready as quickly as they can but you won't have a key to the room until you do the walk off for customs since they give you your new sail & Sign card at that time and it acts as your key to the room. On my last back to back that involved the room change the room Steward actually told me that my new room was ready and that they would just let me into it even before I had my key. So I was able to go hang out in my new room and unpack my suitcase even before doing the walk off with the back to back group.