Book FREE excusions on phone to get YWC discount

alexandra cruiser

Anyone had luck booking online and getting this discount?

Let us know.

Have another cruise and sort of holding off.

So much easier for me just to do it ALL online.

Thanks

Do a "test run" and see if the discount is applied.

If not, cancel before completing the process.

Well the TA tried to get the discount on the 5th excursion but was told that is not available on this cruise. Seems to have something to do with the fact that it is in the Caribbean.

Not all bad seems the cruise price has dropped. We loose $150 in OBC but the total cost dropped 21% :D.

Time to book another cruise, we only have three booked right now. :eek:

TRY to call them myself and ask WHY, exactly. Seems very odd for this to change acc.to cruise destination.

Sure not all of above who got this are taking same cruise,destination,etc.

When I m told NO, I tend to ask for specifics.Sometimes my bugging them will get results.Sorry, but just my personality.

I also have ONLY 3 booked,so far.

• 2 months later...

I have a choice of $600 OBC or 6 free excursions on my April sailing in the Mediterranean. My guess is that the free excursions would cost more than $100 apiece if paying (I can't see them yet). But if I chose the $600 OBC, and got a discounted price for the purchase of at least 5 excursions, seems like that would give me more flexibility to chose the excursions I liked best, rather than being limited by the OChoice restrictions. The OBC would apply to the cost of the excursions, right? What do you think?

It would be more cost effective but also more restrictive to choose free excursions.

You can only use your OBC for excursions if you wait to book them when onboard. Some desirable ones may no longer be available.

Your choice

Thanks, Paulchili. Your reply, along with the Oceania descriptions of excursions that I read after my post, has made my decision easy. I'll take the free excursions so that I can book them early! We are taking back to back cruises so that we can go to Crete (as originally scheduled, then cancelled, on Oceania), as well as to Rhodes and Ephesus. On that 2nd cruise, I'll get free excursions in Santorini and Mykonos, so all my bases are covered!

Thanks, Paulchili. Your reply, along with the Oceania descriptions of excursions that I read after my post, has made my decision easy. I'll take the free excursions so that I can book them early! We are taking back to back cruises so that we can go to Crete (as originally scheduled, then cancelled, on Oceania), as well as to Rhodes and Ephesus. On that 2nd cruise, I'll get free excursions in Santorini and Mykonos, so all my bases are covered!

Is Oceania still going to Ephesus?

Is Oceania still going to Ephesus?

We won't be on Oceania for Ephesus. We are taking a 7-day Celestyal cruise first; old ship Nefeli - just doing it for the ports of Ephesus, Crete, & Rhodes. Good package deal with free alcohol & excursions; unfortunately. it is barely cheaper (for an inside cabin) than the super deal we got from Oceania for 7 nights w/6 free excursions in a veranda cabin. Will make us appreciate Oceania a lot more!