Signature Beverage Cards, What surprised you?

Denverbri69

We were on the Koningsdam on the July 17th sailing and we purchased water several times from table prior to leaving on our excursions. They were covexred by our SBC. We also purchased large and small bottles of water at all bars and dining areas. We always had tap water at meals, but I wanted to take a bottle each night to our cabin.

Thanks! Thats great news! We were on the same cruise, but didn't have a SBC card, but got the info from their customer service. We thought it was strange they couldn't keep track of the purchase you would make on the way off the ship since they had to run the card. Thanks for clearing that up!

Thanks! Thats great news! We were on the same cruise, but didn't have a SBC card, but got the info from their customer service. We thought it was strange they couldn't keep track of the purchase you would make on the way off the ship since they had to run the card. Thanks for clearing that up!

Not all ships are set up to process your card during your egress, and simply write up a slip to enter later (typically by the night auditor in the wee hours).

Not all ships are set up to process your card during your egress, and simply write up a slip to enter later (typically by the night auditor in the wee hours).

That makes sense and thanks for that. We'll have to check when my DW and I go on an Hawaiian cruise this winter on the Amsterdam before the family cruise next summer on the same ship to see how they sell their water when leaving the ship.

I found the ship's water to be just fine and probably more sterile than at home.

I've watched several documentaries about ship water and the desalination process. Usually steam evaporation and/or reverse osmosis. Turns out water so pure they have to add trace minerals for taste. Pretty much the same as any bottled not labeled as from a spring source. Only downside to the tap water is that from the tap it often is not cold so benefits from chill time in fridge or ice. So we take refillable water bottles and save our money (or SBP) for better uses. ;)

Been so long since we were on HAL - can you will water bottles with cold water in the Lido Cafe?

Been so long since we were on HAL - can you fill water bottles with cold water in the Lido Cafe?

No offense, but I hope not. That's a pretty unsanitary practice, especially when people shove their water bottle up to where the cold water comes out possibly causing germs to pass from the water bottle to the dispenser.

I've watched several documentaries about ship water and the desalination process. Usually steam evaporation and/or reverse osmosis. Turns out water so pure they have to add trace minerals for taste. Pretty much the same as any bottled not labeled as from a spring source. Only downside to the tap water is that from the tap it often is not cold so benefits from chill time in fridge or ice. So we take refillable water bottles and save our money (or SBP) for better uses. ;)

Been so long since we were on HAL - can you will water bottles with cold water in the Lido Cafe?

No, you can't fill water bottles from the taps in the Lido, for exactly the reasons Ken the Cruiser gives.

A reusable water bottle filled from the tap seems like the best plan. Environmentally smarter too!