Signature Beverage Cards, What surprised you?

Denverbri69

For those that have purchased Signature Beverage Cards (15 drinks per day), was there any rules, policies, limitations or requirements that surprised you in using the cards? For example, room service alcohol was not covered by the cards.

Also, does the cards cover corkage fees?

Thanks.:)

Edited by Denverbri69

No -- the cards do not cover the corkage fees or bottles of wine.

Since we don't drink that much, we have not bought the Signature Beverage Cards.

We did get them free last fall as part of the Explore4 program.

Remember that you can share the cards and all passengers over the age of 21 must buy the card.

No -- the cards do not cover the corkage fees or bottles of wine.

Since we don't drink that much, we have not bought the Signature Beverage Cards.

We did get them free last fall as part of the Explore4 program.

Remember that you can share the cards and all passengers over the age of 21 must buy the card.

You Cannot share the package with anyone and you are correct in saying all over 21 parties in the SR must purchase the SBP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They won't pay for a glass of wine if we order a room service dinner? I had wondered about that.

No. The rule of thumb is that there should be a point of sale machine in which to swipe the card. That, I believe, is the main reason why mini bar and room service are not included. (Somehow they get around that requirement for sales of water at the gangway, at least they did on one of my cruises in which I had the package.)

For those that have purchased Signature Beverage Cards (15 drinks per day), was there any rules, policies, limitations or requirements that surprised you in using the cards? For example, room service alcohol was not covered by the cards.

Here's the rules so there's no surprises. The limits are per person.

The Signature Beverage Package has a daily limit of 15 beverages, which includes all beverages priced $8.00USD or lower including service charges. Signature Beverage Package excludes purchases made in Signature Shops, Mini Bar and In Room Dining, or beverages on Half Moon Cay. Signature Beverage Packages are not transferable or refundable and may be used only on the cruise portion of Land+Sea Journeys. Participants may order only one drink at a time and must be 21 years or older. No sharing is permitted. Beverage management reserves the right to revoke the Signature Beverage Package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason, including refusing service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated guests. Signature Beverage Package has a retail value of US$50 per person per day, including service charges.

Edited by blizzardboy

No. The rule of thumb is that there should be a point of sale machine in which to swipe the card. That, I believe, is the main reason why mini bar and room service are not included. (Somehow they get around that requirement for sales of water at the gangway, at least they did on one of my cruises in which I had the package.)

They do it "old school". They actually write down your stateroom number and charge accordingly

The one time that I had the SBC what surprised me was that I never went over my limit...and believe me, there were days when I REALLY tried! :p

For purposes of the 15 drinks do they link the package to the cabin account or is it strictly by card? If I want a fresh orange juice at breakfast (and ifit is covered by SBC) can I order it "ala carte" and charge to the cabin account to save quota for alcohol later? Ditto with water or special coffee.

For purposes of the 15 drinks do they link the package to the cabin account or is it strictly by card? If I want a fresh orange juice at breakfast (and ifit is covered by SBC) can I order it "ala carte" and charge to the cabin account to save quota for alcohol later? Ditto with water or special coffee.

Fresh orange juice is free on HAL :)

And of course,water at the table (regular) is free. There are only charges for the bottled or specially filtered water.

So, No need to worry about those things :)

The Signature Beverage Package has a daily limit of 15 beverages, which includes all beverages priced $8.00USD or lower including service charges.

The underlined/bold part is sometimes misunderstood by guests. The per-drink price limit is $8, and don't concern yourself at all about the service charge. It has already been pre-paid as part of your SBP. If you simply purchase the package online, or onboard, you pay the 15% service charge when you buy the package. If you receive the SBP as part of the Explore-4 promotion, they load the 15% SC into the cost of the promotion. Either way, the SC is taken care of, and it does NOT figure into the maximum price of your drink. What you see (on the menu) is what you get.

That trying to drink 15 Wang Wangs is not a smart thing to attempt ..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Goodmorning!!

May I ask what makes up the Wang Wang?

I am a Jameson's and wine person.

Too long ago I had a LONG ISLAND ICE TEA and well I do not remember how many🤕 !!! It was a hot summer day! Big Party and my last.

Just curious on the contents.

Thanks!

Denise :)

Goodmorning!!

May I ask what makes up the Wang Wang?

I am a Jameson's and wine person.

Too long ago I had a LONG ISLAND ICE TEA and well I do not remember how many🤕 !!! It was a hot summer day! Big Party and my last.

Just curious on the contents.

Thanks!

Denise :)

According to a guy who should know:

1/4 oz Vodka

1/4 oz Gin

1/4 oz White Rum

1/4 oz Scotch

1/4 oz Bourbon

1/4 oz Tequila

1/4 Triple Sec

1/4 oz Brandy

Top it off with Pineapple and Orange Juice

Add a splash of Grenadine and let the games begin!

Fresh orange juice is free on HAL

Too many cruises on RCCL I guess. :o

With SBP and the tip already included do they still have you sign a slip where you can add a little extra tip of service is good? Or cash? Maybe it was just RCCL but we found tipping a little extra resulted in faster, more frequent, service and after awhile larger pours.

With SBP and the tip already included do they still have you sign a slip where you can add a little extra tip of service is good? Or cash? Maybe it was just RCCL but we found tipping a little extra resulted in faster, more frequent, service and after awhile larger pours.

No place to add a tip on HAL receipts...

Cash is king. You might be able to add a tip to your check, but I find $5 or $10 cash handed to my regular bartender(s) and/or server every 2-3 days, depending on the frequency of my visits, goes a long way, and they will remember who you are. I had front row seats saved for me at the late BB King show every night by my server because he knew I'd take care of him as well.

Edited by blizzardboy

According to a guy who should know:

1/4 oz Vodka

1/4 oz Gin

1/4 oz White Rum

1/4 oz Scotch

1/4 oz Bourbon

1/4 oz Tequila

1/4 Triple Sec

1/4 oz Brandy

Top it off with Pineapple and Orange Juice

Add a splash of Grenadine and let the games begin!

DAVE!!!🍹🍹🍹

OMGOSH......

I would be 10 sheets to the wind!

Well maybe if I had 2!

Thanks for the info!

Denise:)