Rhapsody Mediterranean review including compasses, photos, and more

We're on our way to Venice to spend a few days prior to boarding the Rhapsody of the Seas on Friday. I've been pestering all of the Venice cruisers for the past several months, so it's my turn to play it forward. Any questions you'd like me to look into? We're doing the 10 night itinerary with the following ports:

Corfu

Santorini

Athens

Mykonos

Kotor

Zadar

Clicking my heels.... hoping to wake up on the other side of the pond.

BB

First I Thank You for doing this review, I haven't started yet but I think this is where it's at.. My turn to pester, past Rhapsody and Venice cruisers;)

Feel free to Pester away! I had a hard time finding info and it was a GREAT trip :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much, they are similar - just flatter terrain.

Thanks, so Mykonos is just easier to explore? DIY friendly and quicker to get to and back from the ship?...But both have donkeys either way( I know, tryin' not to laugh here), but that's the experience I want:)

I think Mykonos and Santorini have similarities but are quite different when you get into the island. For donkeys- you need Santorini so you are good there. Mykonos we did a day sail last trip. In previous trips I've done nightlife and waking the town (Mykonos is a party town). Very easy to navigate.

Santorini is much more crowded but the views are elevated and SPECTaCULAR! We did the hike from Fira to oia. 5.5 miles of stunning beauty. One of my top memories from the trip last summer. It's a moderate hike - but hot, so take water. I'd recommend this for anyone who enjoys hiking. Probably one of the best hikes I've ever done in my life and we aren't novice hikers. Mykonos is much more set up for viewing from the water.

This pic was taken on our hike half way from Fira to oia. You can see oia in the distance.

d785d0e5e73c0b005440762765db72f8.jpg

And here is our day sail in Mykonos:

5a09d38ddc0c1e684d01ca805dfa5c4d.jpg

Thanks, so Mykonos is just easier to explore? DIY friendly and quicker to get to and back from the ship?...But both have donkeys either way( I know, tryin' not to laugh here), but that's the experience I want:)

I did the same trip [almost] a couple months befor BermudaBound so I'll chime in as well if she doesn't mind :-)

Donkeys are only in Santorini from what I recall. Mykonos is definitely easier to/from the ship [especially if you dock as we did]. The views in Santorini are truly spectacular and are quintessentially "Greek Island" with the blue domes and white buildings. Both are worthwhile islands and in the "not to be missed" category when visiting Greece. There is a reason they are both so famous.

All in all, I slightly preferred Mykonos though. It was easier to get around, less crowded, and whilst still touristy it felt less so than Santorini. I would return to either on a cruise, but if I had to stay on one for a week in a hotel I would pick Mykonos as there seemed more to do. Also, Mykonos has more in terms of beaches.

Friday August 5th: Embarkation

1.How stringent are they(Venice Terminal) on passengers bringin' a pack of water/soda onboard?

2.Our pre-cruise hotel is close to Zaccaria "C" in Venice, one glance at the map gives me an idea that I have to cart off my luggages from any stop to/from my hotel... right assumption?

3.Are they selling discounted specialty dining on embarkation? & do they open other venues to control the crowds?

... If the stars aligned, I might find myself on this ship this Feb on a short sailing, so my inquiries won't really be ship-intensive.( only if I get on her on Feb)