Transferring Soda / Water to Insulated Bottle?

We've got our 1st Royal cruise coming up on the Anthem in November and have the premium drink package which includes the Coke freestyle access. From what I understand the cups are chipped so to use the machine you'll need to use the cup provided.

If a bring along a good insulated beverage bottle like a hydroflask for keeping things cold ... am I OK with filling my Coke cup and then transferring to the hydroflask to carry while on the ship? I wouldn't want the crew to think I'm trying to sneak any liquids or cheat the system ... just would like to use a good insulated container

The same sort of question with water or soda from the bars ... would they fill up an insulated water bottle or do you need to use the provided containers?

It's not the end of the world if we're not allowed, but at least I'll know not to bother bringing my hydroflask on the trip

You can use a Freestyle cup to fill up another cup, no problem. However, you can only fill the same Freestyle cup once every fifteen minutes.

The bar servers will likely give you a clean glass of soda which you can use to fill your cup.

Edited by clarea

We've got our 1st Royal cruise coming up on the Anthem in November and have the premium drink package which includes the Coke freestyle access. From what I understand the cups are chipped so to use the machine you'll need to use the cup provided.

If a bring along a good insulated beverage bottle like a hydroflask for keeping things cold ... am I OK with filling my Coke cup and then transferring to the hydroflask to carry while on the ship? I wouldn't want the crew to think I'm trying to sneak any liquids or cheat the system ... just would like to use a good insulated container

The same sort of question with water or soda from the bars ... would they fill up an insulated water bottle or do you need to use the provided containers?

It's not the end of the world if we're not allowed, but at least I'll know not to bother bringing my hydroflask on the trip

While you COULD pour from your Freestyle cup into another container, that would mean carrying two of them around all the time. While not "top quality," the Freestyle cups are insulated.

For sanitation reasons, bartenders will not fill your container, but will give you a clean glass.

To do what you are talking about, you are going to need to carry both the chipped coke cup and your hydroflask around. The coke cups are insulated and worked well at keeping things cold on our last cruise in the Western Caribbean.

To answer your question though, you might get questioned by a staff member when they see you transferring the soda or you might have no issues. They might just watch you to see if you are passing off the hydroflask to someone else.

Really no way of knowing until you try.

While you COULD pour from your Freestyle cup into another container, that would mean carrying two of them around all the time. While not "top quality," the Freestyle cups are insulated.

For sanitation reasons, bartenders will not fill your container, but will give you a clean glass.

Bartenders fill up the coke cups all the time, they just request that you take your cover off so they don't have to touch it. They do not require you to use a clean glass.

Thanks for the replies folks!

It sounds like I'll bring it along and decide to use it based on if I really think I need it. Otherwise no harm in keeping it in my cabin. If the Coke cups are insulated and have a cap I'll probably be fine. Sort of like the Disney World resort mugs ... they worked out pretty well.

It's a good point that I'd still have to carry around two cups if I want to use the freestyle machines. But again good to know that I'd be able to use my own bottle if needed.