Walking poles!

Presto2

This may sound like a stupid question, but we are planning on hiking up the walls at Kotor next week! Hubby has had a problem with his knees and is much better walking / hiking with his newly acquired walking poles.

I'm just a bit worried about how we pack them! We don't want to carry them in our hand luggage incase secutiry think they are a weapon and we get arrested, and don't want them in the suitcase incase we end up in what the Celebrity threads call 'the naughty room' for cases.

Any help or tips would be much appreciated as this is a new one for us !!!

:)

This may sound like a stupid question, but we are planning on hiking up the walls at Kotor next week! Hubby has had a problem with his knees and is much better walking / hiking with his newly acquired walking poles.

I'm just a bit worried about how we pack them! We don't want to carry them in our hand luggage incase secutiry think they are a weapon and we get arrested, and don't want them in the suitcase incase we end up in what the Celebrity threads call 'the naughty room' for cases.

Any help yor tips would be much appreciated as this is a new one for us !!!

I have also packed walking stick in my luggage, that went through no problem.

Know what you mean about the naughty step, tho pandos is much smaller.OH had packed his Swiss army knife in the case..in case it came in useful..stones and horses hoofs. We had to go to see them, so they could measure the blade..less than 2 inches I think..so they let him take it with him.

Lesson learnt though he hasn't taken it since..so hope we don't run into any horses with stones in their hoofs!!!!!

Ours go diagonally in the bottom of a suitcase, not had any trouble. Or extend them to walking stick length and use them. All sticks are weapons if you think about it.

Thanks, that was quick. I can't imagine them being ok in the aeroplane cabin but don't want P&O picking us up for it in the luggage. Then again, I suppose they are used to it ????

Know what you mean about the naughty step, tho pandos is much smaller.OH had packed his Swiss army knife in the case..in case it came in useful..stones and horses hoofs. We had to go to see them, so they could measure the blade..less than 2 inches I think..so they let him take it with him.

Lesson learnt though he hasn't taken it since..so hope we don't run into any horses with stones in their hoofs!!!!!

Am trying to work out why he would need to be sorting out a horse :D:D:D

Hee hee, this made me giggle as my husband also had to visit the p and o naughty room for his Swiss army style knife.....apparently vital for the small screwdriver to adjust his glasses.....

We walked the path at Kotor it was an amazing experience. The sense of friendship and camaraderie from fellow cruisers was something I have never forgotten. All encouraging each other to the top where the views of Oceana were amazing that was four years ago but one port I will never forget.

Enjoy your cruise I know it's very soon.

We walked the path at Kotor it was an amazing experience. The sense of friendship and camaraderie from fellow cruisers was something I have never forgotten. All encouraging each other to the top where the views of Oceana were amazing that was four years ago but one port I will never forget.

Enjoy your cruise I know it's very soon.

Thank you --- what a lovely post.

We will aim for it, walking poles, walking boots and a bottle of Brandy in hand!!! We have been to Kotor twice but never climbed the walls. Decided that we should do it while we are fit enough to even try ;);)

Re the cruise - did half of it last April and loved every second. We booked for this year within weeks of returning home. Can't wait :):)

Hee hee, this made me giggle as my husband also had to visit the p and o naughty room for his Swiss army style knife.....apparently vital for the small screwdriver to adjust his glasses.....

Much easier to take a small screw driver .. :)

At least there is no excuse re a horse ..................

Edited by Presto2

While we were sat on the naughty step :o:o

I asked him why he had packed it..as I was not expecting to run into any horses (with or without stones)...I had OH's bog standard answer...in case it comes in useful!!

Well we have done one cruise without it, and we managed to survive...

I think male brains are different to female brains....in ways we will never understand...;);)

Much easier to take a small screw driver .. :)

A small screwdriver a much better idea. Funnily enough hubby has never felt the need to take any form of emergency glasses repair since the threat of confiscation! I won't tell him about the possibility he may need to help a horse out!

Enjoy the walking

OH had packed his Swiss army knife in the case..in case it came in useful..stones and horses hoofs. We had to go to see them,

Walking poles if extended are simply walking sticks no issue. If retracted again no problem especially if in hold cases.

I intend taking mine for our Nowegian Fjord cruise. My knees and ankles arnt always good and the poles really aid walking stability and confidence.

They are going in my main cases. We arnt flying but in any case they are not an issue.

You can safely take knitting pins in cabin case and knit while on a plane so walking poles are not an issue.

Now ref Swiss Army knife and horse hooves. I'm a horse owner and REALLY do not want my horses feet picked out with a knife ..the scary part of risking it into his soles is far too scary to consider.

Leave the knife at home ..Horses are far safer now

I've loved reading this thread although I don't understand why you ladies don't know that we have to "Be Prepared" at all times.

Like swaddy says, I'm the female half too and pack all the 'what we need if' objects. For some reason, however, the idea that we may need to help a distressed horse out on our next cruise hadn't really entered my mind. It has now though .. stress

Thanks to everyone for the replies - :D:D

We always take our walking sticks to Austria. I usually pack them in suitcase with the points in bubble wrap. Never had any problems with airport security so don't expect you will on the ship. Visited Kotor last year. Beautiful place

We've taken a small Swiss army knife now for many years and never been put on the naughty step but now I'm worried :D. We don't use it for horses' hooves (no animals allowed on P&O) but mainly for cutting fruit (esp lemons) and opening beer and wine bottles. However its such a useful little gadget and we use it all the time so I think we'll keep risking it

We were pulled over at Southampton security, my other half had his darts in his hand luggage, they had to check with the ship whether he was allowed to take them. Why did he think there would be a dartboard on ship and when did he think he was going to play, who knows what goes on in their minds. We have also been pulled over trying to bring cheese on board.