All Zika All The Time...

DYKWIA

Just reporting the facts, Ma'am. It's big news here in South Florida.

"Jucier bite?" Did you mean that to be a double entedre?

Yes but didn't want to appear callous due to recent tragic happenings. However, the news folks tend to be like vultures. We live in Okeechobee.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

It's Zika, Zika, Zika here in South Florida on every news channel.

DROP THE PERFUME AND GRAB THE DEET!

It's because we haven't had a hurricane in 12 years and they need something to hyperventilate over. :p

Stay frightened, my friends....

Edited by AlanFromFL

Just reporting the facts, Ma'am. It's big news here in South Florida.

"Jucier bite?" Did you mean that to be a double entedre?

It's in the news, but they show basically the same story and move on. It's not like when we are getting a hurricane and it dominates the entire news broadcast!

It's a few small blocks in the Wynwood area for now. For those men and woman are in the midst of starting a new family or plan on starting one in the next 2 months, I would stay away from the Wynwood area.

It's in the news, but they show basically the same story and move on. It's not like when we are getting a hurricane and it dominates the entire news broadcast!

It's a few small blocks in the Wynwood area for now. For those men and woman are in the midst of starting a new family or plan on starting one in the next 2 months, I would stay away from the Wynwood area.

But it's on ever local channel at the top of the news broadcast, plus FOXCNNCBSNBCABCOAN...ZIKA, ZIKA, ZIKA!

But it's on ever local channel at the top of the news broadcast, plus FOXCNNCBSNBCABCOAN...ZIKA, ZIKA, ZIKA!

Not the news I'm watching and the Miami news covers FLL, Miami, and all of the keys.

They cover it then move on.

Wynwood is one of the least populated areas of Miami, it is more commercial than residential.

Over half of the people infected had no symptoms.

Not the news I'm watching and the Miami news covers FLL, Miami, and all of the keys.

They cover it then move on.

Wynwood is one of the least populated areas of Miami, it is more commercial than residential.

Over half of the people infected had no symptoms.

Then you are not watching Channel 10, the ABC affiliate...

http://www.local10.com/health/zika-virus/aerial-spraying-aimed-at-killing-mosquitoes-begins

Or Channel 4 the CBS afilliate...

http://miami.cbslocal.com/tag/zika/

Or Channel 6 the NBC affiliate...

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/national-international/As-Zika-Fears-Escalate-Lawmakers-Point-Fingers-From-Afar-389200452.html

Or Channel 7 the Fox afilliate...

http://wsvn.com/news/local/airplane-used-to-spray-for-mosquitos-in-wynwood-ahead-of-gov-scott-visit/

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/zika-virus-outbreak/section-miami-neighborhood-local-zika-transmission-cleared-officials-say-n623301

Here is the latest story on Zika here on our local Miami news. And it will be on the 11 pm news tonight which is coming up shortly.

Like Blue Herons, I am watching the same local channels and news that she is. They discuss it and quickly move on. It's not like when we have a hurricane coming and the entire news cast is all about that. It's not even that big of a conversation out in the Brickell or Wynwood areas that I've seen personally. I was just out and when it came on the TV, no one started discussing it.

Let's not panic people. It's a 1 square mile area in Wynwood. And since the state is all over it, $26 million has been set aside to take care of it and they appear to be doing everything possible at his point in time it is as controlled as it can be at the moment. Hopefully they will take care of it quickly and it won't spread past the area.

Like Blue Herons, I am watching the same local channels and news that she is. They discuss it and quickly move on. It's not like when we have a hurricane coming and the entire news cast is all about that. It's not even that big of a conversation out in the Brickell or Wynwood areas that I've seen personally. I was just out and when it came on the TV, no one started discussing it.

Let's not panic people. It's a 1 square mile area in Wynwood. And since the state is all over it, $26 million has been set aside to take care of it and they appear to be doing everything possible at his point in time it is as controlled as it can be at the moment. Hopefully they will take care of it quickly and it won't spread past the area.

This.

There are 15 cases in an area of 6 million people.

The news this morning seems to suggest that the aerial spraying of the area which occurred on Thursday has been effective. Happy to hear that taking decisive action will hopefully nip this outbreak in the bud, as they say.

CDC is still recommending pregnant women avoid the area.

http://www.cdc.gov/zika/intheus/florida-update.html

Just hung up with my cleaning girl. She had to change my day next week because one of the girls that works with her is one of the people on Wynwood with Zika! Tested and confirmed by the state. She unfortunately has the symptoms and is home with a fever. Cindy said you hear about it but don't expect it to be someone you know.

Luckily she will get better. Isn't pregnant and isn't planning on being anytime soon.

Just hung up with my cleaning girl. She had to change my day next week because one of the girls that works with her is one of the people on Wynwood with Zika! Tested and confirmed by the state. She unfortunately has the symptoms and is home with a fever. Cindy said you hear about it but don't expect it to be someone you know.

Luckily she will get better. Isn't pregnant and isn't planning on being anytime soon.

Very sorry to hear this news, but hopefully she will have a prompt and full recovery.

I do appreciate your posting this, because some of the postings here by South Florida residents seemed to suggest this was a non-event. It is indeed a serious situation, and hopefully the current steps being taken by the state and CDC will eliminate the threat.

• 2 weeks later...
Based on today's designation of South Beach, would travel insurance usually cover non refundable hotel cancellations in South Beach?

Harry

I did a quick Google search, and it looks like one would need a "Cancel for Any Reason" policy in order to be covered.

https://www.squaremouth.com/current-event-information-centers/zika-virus-and-travel-insurance-information-center/am-i-covered-to-cancel-my-trip-to-an-affected-destination/