Yacht Club vs NCL Haven and status match

graphicguy

I'm sure that the 20%discount that Black Card holders got has stopped now, think it stopped last year. I think it's just 5% discount now. Sure if I'm wrong, Mike or Skier52 would be able to confirm.

There's a special rate in the Voyagers' Club section of MSC's website where there's a 5% + 15% discount on selected cruises. You need to be a member and sign in with your number to access the offers. This is what CoupleUK was referring to.

Edited by Beamafar

There's a special rate in the Voyagers' Club section of MSC's website where there's a 5% + 15% discount on selected cruises. You need to be a member and sign in with your number to access the offers. This is what CoupleUK was referring to.

I knew that Black Card holders used to get a straight 20% discount. That's goods to know Bea, I'll have a wee look :)

I'm sure that the 20%discount that Black Card holders got has stopped now, think it stopped last year. I think it's just 5% discount now. Sure if I'm wrong, Mike or Skier52 would be able to confirm.

Definately still going on the UK website.

What's more, if you book 2 consecutive cruises, you can also claim a further 10% off the second leg.

You need to login to the Voyagers section and it lists cruises with 5%+5% Discount and also the 5%+15% ones.

HaHa just went in to do a page copy but the Voyagers section of the MSC website is down (again)

Anyone know if they have done anything about the lack I'd shaded lounge chairs in the one pool area? I keep asking because although we loved everything else about the YC no shade is a deal breaker for us. Would love to do it again but not if I have to stay inside the ship.

If any shaded areas are to be added,,they won't be until MSC Divina's dry dock in late September,,and even then I would expect them to add some clam shells like the ones on the Top 18. :)

Definately still going on the UK website.

That's not the same as the original 20% discount that Black Card holders were entitled to. Before Voyagers' Club was introduced in July 2015, the 20% discount applied to any booking made. Now it's 5% + 15% (not quite 20%!) on selected cruises only and available to any member of the VC regardless of level!! I've done the maths on a few of the "offers" and, while they seem like a good deal, they don't always work out any cheaper than some of the promotions on the same sailings in the main area of the website.

My advice is: if you see a cruise in the Voyagers' Club selection, check elsewhere for other promotions before booking.

Sorry, I wasn't comparing it to the old system - just stating that there are some cruises offering 20% off (also 50USD OBC pp which I had forgot).

Hadnt actually noticed that Silver to Black can get the 20% so an even better reason to get your status match activated.

Edited by CoupleUK

Hadnt actually noticed that Silver to Black can get the 20% so an even better reason to get your status match activated.

Yes .............. 20% (almost :rolleyes:) now available to anyone from Classic up on selected cruises. Also, as you state, some OBC to go with it, too, for those on Silver to Black ;)

Question for anyone who had sailed previously in the Yacht Club. I just printed out our cruise docs and noticed on our luggage tags they only say Voyagers Club and not Yacht Club. The deck and cabin numbers are correct, but I would have thought the tags would be marked Yacht Club for the people handling our bags. Obviously this is our first time sailing in the Yacht Club, let alone MSC. We wanted a first-hand comparison between Yacht Club and the Haven! 😉 Can't wait for August 20th! TIA for any clarification!

Question for anyone who had sailed previously in the Yacht Club. I just printed out our cruise docs and noticed on our luggage tags they only say Voyagers Club and not Yacht Club. The deck and cabin numbers are correct, but I would have thought the tags would be marked Yacht Club for the people handling our bags. Obviously this is our first time sailing in the Yacht Club, let alone MSC. We wanted a first-hand comparison between Yacht Club and the Haven! Can't wait for August 20th! TIA for any clarification!

The luggage tags are removed as soon as you check in at the Yacht Club tent curbside and then handed back to you. New luggage tags are then placed on the bags you wish to have delivered to your stateroom,,,:D

Edited by Mikesa1721

As far as the status match, we are Platinum with NCL and Diamond with RCCL and did the match to Black. Honestly, besides a hat, chocolate ship and a bottle of prosecco we really didn't see any other benefit from it. It said there was a free photo. I waited in line for 20 minutes only be be told it's one specific photo with the captain from the black party.

Thanks for the info on the status match. I am considering their promo.

......we're going to see it all in action 11 days from now! Time is dragging!

Hope you have a great first MSC YC experience, PK. Come back and let us know how it was for you and, especially, how it compared with your previous sailings.

Bigdogintruck, If I remember right, it was the 2nd formal night,which is the 6th night, and was in LeMuse, and I believe in the main dining room. It was a large tail, and I had seconds.

Yes, that's correct. Second formal night. And they're cold water lobster tails!

We asked for seconds of just the tails and they were happy to provide.

Enjoy!

Thanks Beam, I cannot see any reason whatsoever why the YC won't be an incredible experience, but I will certainly post when we return! From all of the great posts I've read on Cruise Critic, I have a feeling the YC is going to have its own personality, so it may be hard to compare with anything except for the Haven, but that's what this stream is for!

Thanks Beam, I cannot see any reason whatsoever why the YC won't be an incredible experience, but I will certainly post when we return! From all of the great posts I've read on Cruise Critic, I have a feeling the YC is going to have its own personality, so it may be hard to compare with anything except for the Haven, but that's what this stream is for!

We were on Divina in the YC a year ago March. We were very pleased with the product. The Italian food served in Le Muse was among the best we'd ever had the lounge was great as well as the service. We found the fish and seafood dishes sub par including the lobster tail which.DH sent back. Mostly dried out and tasteless. Based on comments I've read here that issue has been improved greatly. Would you please post about the one pool area. Has there been any effort to provide lounge chairs in shaded areas. That was one issue that was a deal breaker for us. Met a gentleman on another cruise told me they had added "parachutes" to add shade but when I tried to verify that on these boards was told it was not so. Hoping they will change that on Seaside. There is loads of room in that area that is never used so shading a few loungers will not detract from anyone's sunbathing. Unfortunately DH has had multiple skin cancers removed probably from 30 years of playing golf without sunscreen. I know others have noted this issue on comment cards. The morning after the captains cocktail party. The captain comes to the YC lounge and addresses YC guests. Very nice touch. If you can could you ask him about this. Enjoy your YC experience. It really is a well executed product I'm sure you'll love it.

Hi could anyone help me out who have been on YC with MSC. Do the free drinks include prosseco or even champagne ? I've heard there very limited. Thinking of booking but the drinks may be a problem. Thanks

They definitely include Prosecco. I couldn't tell you the brand but it's definitely there.

Plenty of prosseco in the YC. Not sure about the champagne. I have found that MSC has one of the best bars floating. I say this because they carry many varieties of alcohol and mixers. Except bloody mary mix for some reason, I'm thinking of trying to bring my own.

In the YC I just asked and if they didn't have it there they checked with bar management and made sure we didn't have to ask again. They kept what we like stocked at the bar there.