Decisions! Harmony 7-nt vs Adventure 10-nt

Hello everyone! We currently have two cruises booked for next spring break and I'm trying to decide which one to let go.

Party is two adults and two kids (boys), ages 5.5 and 7.

Harmony of the Seas, 7-nt Eastern: We are booked in a D1 near the kids club. We've been to the stops many times, but we've never been on an Oasis class (largest we've done is Freedom and the largest NCL ship)

Adventure of the Seas, 10-nt Southern: Booked in 1688 CORNER aft. This cruise is $2000 less than the Harmony, plus we get 3 more days. We will sail after the refurb, so I expect ship will have waterslides and a kids aquapark. Itinerary is awesome, takes us to 5 islands we've never been to.

I'm definitely leaning towards the 10 day, but I'm concerned that there might be very few kids on board. It might be boring for my kids (or better, if the waterslide lines are shorter).

Any thoughts?

Hands down I'd choose Adventure. The southern ports are far better, in my opinion, than anything in the eastern or western routes. But I like beaches and less touristy places when it comes to Caribbean islands.

On adventure there are usually less ships in port so there will be less crowds on the islands or at the beaches.

However, if your family is happier with a big fun ship, and is less interested in visiting new places and exploring, but would have more fun on the ship playing in the pools and water slides etc, you may be happier on Harmony. I think it really depends on what kind of vacation you're looking for.

Adventure is plenty fun. I was just on that ship with my daughter who was 13 at the time, and she loves the Voyager class ships. But she also likes to travel and explore and go to new places, and enjoys getting off the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks - I think I've settled on the 10 night. It covers a ton of places I've always wanted to see, and my husband has already researched a few non-beach activities to do with the kids.

We've got our 15th anniversary a few months after the cruise, so this sampler will definitely help us decide which island to return to for our anniversary trip!

Wow! This is a hard one. I'm going with the Harmony - the kids will enjoy the waterslides, carousel, different neighborhoods, adventure kids club, more spots to visit through out the ship and you should experience the Oasis class! The Harmony is new, fresh and newly designed so there shouldn't be a lot of wear just yet. I love the southern Caribbean route on the Adventure as well but I think its to be enjoyed with my DH. My 8 DS would not enjoy the Adventure as much.

Thanks - I think I've settled on the 10 night. It covers a ton of places I've always wanted to see, and my husband has already researched a few non-beach activities to do with the kids.

We've got our 15th anniversary a few months after the cruise, so this sampler will definitely help us decide which island to return to for our anniversary trip!

Also, by the time you sail on Adventure, she will have had an extensive revitalization dry dock which will add, among other things, the Flowrider surf simulator.

Edited by clarea

Unless you're looking to take out a mortgage on your house stay with the thought of booking the ADVENTURE. Really good advice from everyone as well. The Harmony is way overpriced for where you'd go.

(sorry I couldn't find where to write the Adventure in red) help anyone ?

Thanks - I think I've settled on the 10 night!

Congrats on your choice! I'm sure all of the Oasis class pricing will come back down to earth once there are 4 or 5 of them out there. Oasis was on our bucket list since before she was built, but we waited almost 8 years for the stars to align on price (took a lucky bingo win and a job with great travel perks). The ship was worth the wait, but I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon so it certainly makes sense to get more days in a better cabin going to ports you'd like to see.

As others have noted, my only hesitation would be the air. Any expense multiplied times 4 should be a consideration.

I think you made the right choice:)

Yes ! indeed airfares were priced from the Boston area and are sky high even on Jet Blue. We were on her two months ago and wanted to rebook for next Spring late Winter prices are through the roof especially Boston to San Juan non stop..$1,500.00 pp !

As a result we'll be doing the Navigator from Miami for a 9 night Southern. Prices and airfare cheaper. Let's remember the Adventure is going in for a long overdue dry dock and rehab ..so who's going to pay for it ? Yup...that's right.

Yes ! indeed airfares were priced from the Boston area and are sky high even on Jet Blue. We were on her two months ago and wanted to rebook for next Spring late Winter prices are through the roof especially Boston to San Juan non stop..$1,500.00 pp !

As a result we'll be doing the Navigator from Miami for a 9 night Southern. Prices and airfare cheaper. Let's remember the Adventure is going in for a long overdue dry dock and rehab ..so who's going to pay for it ? Yup...that's right.

For OP out of ATL, she's looking at 200 RT to FLL (with the option to drive) vs 550. X4 price differential wipes out a lot of the savings, but not all. If I really wanted to try and O class, I think I'd do the drive.

Oasis class ships are absolutely amazing and far far superior of the Voyager class ships. I'm sure the Harmony would be much better than the Adventure of the seas.

However a 10N cruise is so much better than a 7N cruise. We just finished an amazing Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Allure OTS and 7N is just not enough. And the costs are crazy, $2000 more for a shorter cruise?! No way.

I'd happily chose the 10N on Adventure and look forward to planning a nice vacation on the Oasis class ships (at a later date when the prices reduce)

Cheers!

Nick

Oasis class ships are absolutely amazing and far far superior of the Voyager class ships. I'm sure the Harmony would be much better than the Adventure of the seas.

However a 10N cruise is so much better than a 7N cruise. We just finished an amazing Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Allure OTS and 7N is just not enough. And the costs are crazy, $2000 more for a shorter cruise?! No way.

I'd happily chose the 10N on Adventure and look forward to planning a nice vacation on the Oasis class ships (at a later date when the prices reduce)

Cheers!

Nick

Agree

• 2 months later...

March 29th :)? We're on the same cruise! Cannot wait for this 10 night southern, it's been my dream itinerary!!!!