Our first Oceania cruise - tips please?

English Tim

OTOH, you don't want to leave the ship saying "I wish I had known about this or that before I sailed on Oceania. Sorry that I missed that" :D

I agree

if you know something is on the ship you can decide if if something you would like to explore or not but at least you know it is there

Just read a review where the person did not know they had free access to the spa deck until after the cruise

or people that fin out the last day that afternoon tea was served everyday not just once in the cruise like some other lines

I like to know what is available then I choose to go or not

I have not use for the Artist Loft but I do know it is there should I like to check it out

To each his/her own :D

As other people will no doubt tell you, your butler can really do a lot of stuff for you. Our butler was able to get us additional reservations in the two (we were on Insignia) specialty restaurants seemingly anytime that we asked. Also, you can order room service from the main dining room menu or the specialty menus and your butler will serve it course by course in your suite. Even if you dine out, a late dessert order of the Tiramasu from Toscana is always a good idea.

My DH and I tend to be pretty undemanding cruisers, we like listening to a bit of music with a drink prior to dinner, walk on deck after and when not in port tend to read and people watch. I do like to have an idea what is on board and available as it can be a tad annoying to find out what you have missed or may have enjoyed and did not know until you have disembarked.

Having cruised so long with Celebrity and having the comfort blanket of familiarity it is great knowing that we are going to experience something different but it is a bit like first day at the 'big school' when you don't know your way about or the other pupils as they have come from different schools and everything is very new. The fun once you have settled is experiencing new things, getting to know new people and enjoying a different experience.

I know when I first cruised Celebrity there were things that I did not find out until later, did not spoil my cruise but I was left feeling i wish I had known before.

As long as I am fed good food, can chill on board, feel looked after and valued and don't have to complain then I am a happy cruiser.

My DH and I tend to be pretty undemanding cruisers, we like listening to a bit of music with a drink prior to dinner, walk on deck after and when not in port tend to read and people watch. I do like to have an idea what is on board and available as it can be a tad annoying to find out what you have missed or may have enjoyed and did not know until you have disembarked.

Having cruised so long with Celebrity and having the comfort blanket of familiarity it is great knowing that we are going to experience something different but it is a bit like first day at the 'big school' when you don't know your way about or the other pupils as they have come from different schools and everything is very new. The fun once you have settled is experiencing new things, getting to know new people and enjoying a different experience.

I know when I first cruised Celebrity there were things that I did not find out until later, did not spoil my cruise but I was left feeling i wish I had known before.

I agree with you.

I don't have to do everything that is discussed/recommended but at least I know what is available for me on a new cruise line before and not after my cruise.

That way I benefit from the experience of others that know the line well.

To each their own. :)

I agree with Hawaiidan about letting your instincts and interests guide you to new discoveries on board (and in ports when possible). On the other hand, my sister-in-law met, on her last cruise (not O), a young couple on the last day that discovered that there was no charge for the MDR--ate very meal in the buffet.

So there is a certain amount of knowledge that seems helpful!!!