Transportation into Boston

maggie2010

4 ways:

1) Silver Line bus picks up at each terminal and takes you to South Station where you can transfer to the Red Line MBTA and then go anywhere the subway goes (free)

2) Blue Line Shuttle bus picks up at each terminal and takes you to the MBTA Blue Line where you pay the fare to get on the subway and can then go anywhere the subway goes (under $3)

3) Taxi

4) Back Bay/Copley Square shuttle bus picks up at each terminal and takes you right to Back Bay/Copley for $7.50 - https://www.massport.com/logan-airport/to-and-from-logan/logan-express/back-bay/

By the way, there is no 'T2' in Boston. Terminals here are A, B, C, and E.

Edited by Nitemare

We will be arriving in Boston at T2 terminal & would like to know how we can get from the terminal to the main part of Boston??

We will be arriving in Boston at T2 terminal & would like to know how we can get from the terminal to the main part of Boston??

Where exactly are you going? I'm assuming you will have luggage and can manage it. Many "T" stations are not accessible (think stairs). A compromise solution can be to take the Silver Line to South Station and a taxi from there. That will substantially reduce your transportation costs - shorter distance, no airport access fee, and no tunnel toll.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

We will be staying at a hotel near the airport. Next day we will need to get to the port in Boston. (they have a shuttle)

Would we be better off just taking a taxi from the hotel or go with a water taxi? What would be the approx. cost for two? This would be on a Sat. morning.

Would there be things we could do around Boston if we went to the port early and explored for 2-3 hrs. ? I would be pushing my wife in a manual wheelchair.

Thanks for your help and opinions

have a good day

Hi there

We will be staying at a hotel near the airport. Next day we will need to get to the port in Boston. (they have a shuttle)

Would we be better off just taking a taxi from the hotel or go with a water taxi? What would be the approx. cost for two? This would be on a Sat. morning.

Would there be things we could do around Boston if we went to the port early and explored for 2-3 hrs. ? I would be pushing my wife in a manual wheelchair.

Thanks for your help and opinions

have a good day

What hotel are you staying at? The hotels that I know have a shuttle are not what I consider near the airport.

For sure I would not consider a water taxi with luggage and pushing a manual wheelchair. Unfortunately there is not much to see walking around the port area pushing a wheelchair. Harpoon Brewery is there. You can also walk along the water towards the World Trade Center for views of the harbor. How about taking a cab to Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market?

What hotel are you staying at? The hotels that I know have a shuttle are not what I consider near the airport.

For sure I would not consider a water taxi with luggage and pushing a manual wheelchair. Unfortunately there is not much to see walking around the port area pushing a wheelchair. Harpoon Brewery is there. You can also walk along the water towards the World Trade Center for views of the harbor. How about taking a cab to Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market?

Hi there

It's the Comfort Inn & Suites Logan Int. Airport. They say they have an (airport) shuttle. It looks pretty close to the airport on the map.

It also looks like it was a pretty straight forward route to the port from there as well. Did you know about how much a taxi would be from there?

So is it a very long walk to Faneuil/Quincy market area from the port? I am fairly energetic and able to push my wife up and down hills if necessary. :)

thanks for your help

Hi there

So I looked at the maps again and realize that the airport is half way from the hotel and the cruise port. Should I take the hotel shuttle back to the airport and take the taxi from the airport, or would it just not be worth my time.

While looking at the maps I saw that Faneuil Hall/Quincy market would be quite a hike. :eek: We would have to consider something else. I did look at the brewery' website and I would have to give this some thought, after all I won't have to drive. :)

thanks again

Hi there

So I looked at the maps again and realize that the airport is half way from the hotel and the cruise port. Should I take the hotel shuttle back to the airport and take the taxi from the airport, or would it just not be worth my time.

While looking at the maps I saw that Faneuil Hall/Quincy market would be quite a hike. :eek: We would have to consider something else. I did look at the brewery' website and I would have to give this some thought, after all I won't have to drive. :)

thanks again

What hotel? Can't give advice without knowing that.

Post #7

Comfort Inn & Suites Logan Inn Airport 85 American legion Hwy. Revere

thanks

It's hard to guess how much the taxi fares would be even with the estimators. There are surcharges for cabs from Logan. It looks like the surcharge money you don't have to pay would take you a good way towards the Comfort Inn, so that the overall price difference would not be as much as you might expect looking at the map. I'm thinking no more than $5-10 extra.

We are staying at Four Points Sheraton and have been told a taxi to the cruise dock is $35.50

That's good information. The Comfort Inn is even closer in, so it should be less. The estimate from Logan is $25-30 because there are surcharges from the airport. IMO the OP is not going to save much money by taking the hotel shuttle back to the airport and switching to a cab. It's only worth it if you are going to take the free public transit to the port, but most folks aren't into that.

The taxi fare also includes a $5.50 toll charge. I just checked a shuttle from the airport and the price difference does not make it worthwhile to shuttle back to the airport(free) and then wait forever for a shuttle as there is no set schedule. Hopefully, our friends meeting us will have their car and we will have "free" transportation back to the airport!!