Can OBC be applied to prepaid charges?

Afloat

I have never done this but I am going to GUESS that you would need to cancel both (the excursions and the restaurants) and re-book them once you board the ship. Of course if you do that, there's always the risk of the excursion(s) you want filling by the time you embark or not being able to get a restaurant reservation at your preferred time. OBC can only be used for on-board spending.

Edited by joepeka

I have never done this but I am going to GUESS that you would need to cancel both (the excursions and the restaurants) and re-book them once you board the ship. Of course if you do that, there's always the risk of the excursion(s) you want filling by the time you embark or not being able to get a restaurant reservation at your preferred time. OBC can only be used for on-board spending.

You have it correct.

We have OBC for our upcoming Mediterranean cruise. We have already purchased several shore excursions and specialty dinners.

Can our OBC be applied to these charges and our purchases be refunded?

Sorry no but others offered you options about cancelling and rebooking while on board. Do not forget the hotel service charge will also be added to your account which can help defray some of the OBC.

Once on the ship, anything you have pre-purchased -- when you cancel them -- the credit is given back to you in the form of shipboard credit.

Depending on whom gave you the original shipboard credit, depends on what will be credited back to your credit card at the end of the cruise.