Msg for DaiB re Crossover Loyalty benefits

Corfe Mixture

Dai,

Read on another thread that you believe that Princess recognise P&O cruises in their Captain's Circle loyalty scheme on your second cruise.

That was not my experience. When we took our first cruise with Princess, we had 110 nights on P&O. We registered with the Captain's Circle once we had booked our Princess Cruise and they gave us immediate credit for our P&O history, with the sole exception that we did not get double cruise credits for nights spent in a suite on P&O with the result that were at Platinum level before we ever stepped on board a Princess ship.

On that basis, it is my belief that you should get immediate Elite status in the Captain's Circle.

Phone Princess and ask to speak to Jordan Brewer. Jordan was a special service agent who dealt with regular clients. I say was as he has recently left, and his role has been taken over by a gentleman named David. Unfortunately I do not have David's surname and I am reluctant to put his internal extension in the public domain but if you ask to speak to Jordan, they will tell you he is not available and put you through to the right person.

I am sure that he will be able to fix it straight away, and that you will be able to see your Elite status the next time you go into your Captain's Circle account.

FWIW, when I booked my first Princess cruise, I also got my £50 per person, past passenger (PA1) discount.

Kindest

Grenville

Grenville.

If you look at the date of the post I made it was 2007. Someone, not mentioning any names, posted today bringing it forward. I believe that in 2007 you had to have done at least 1 Princess cruise to qualify.

Now this changed some time ago, 5/6/7 years ago and as you say you get the status as you join the ship.

Interesting to see if we get the OBC as we will have over 400 nights at sea when we join. Also the most travelled passenger event

We booked fairly early when the free drinks package was on the go, that was worth £550 each. That is a huge incentive.

Dai

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by daiB

Oops, sorry didn't notice the date of your post.

My betting is that they will invite you to the most cruised passengers event.

Certainly in my case they made no distinction whatsoever between my P&O nights and my princess nights, though I did not get double cruise credits for cruises in suites on P&O.

Indeed when we had 139 nights (110 P&O and just 29 with Princess) and 12 cruise credits (8 P&O and 4 Princess - from 2 cruises in suites), I was most surprised on my next cruise to find that, instead of being given a silver-grey Platinum cruise card, I was given an envelope containing a black Elite cruise card and a letter explaining that I had been fast tracked to Elite.

So, on that basis, expect to get your invite, but don't expect to be the 'most cruised passenger' - some of these Americans seem to live on ships!

G

Oops, sorry didn't notice the date of your post.

My betting is that they will invite you to the most cruised passengers event.

Certainly in my case they made no distinction whatsoever between my P&O nights and my princess nights, though I did not get double cruise credits for cruises in suites on P&O.

Indeed when we had 139 nights (110 P&O and just 29 with Princess) and 12 cruise credits (8 P&O and 4 Princess - from 2 cruises in suites), I was most surprised on my next cruise to find that, instead of being given a silver-grey Platinum cruise card, I was given an envelope containing a black Elite cruise card and a letter explaining that I had been fast tracked to Elite.

So, on that basis, expect to get your invite, but don't expect to be the 'most cruised passenger' - some of these Americans seem to live on ships!

G

Well I would have beaten the couple on Royal Princess who were making such a fuss over winning.

BTW on one of our recent cruises the winner of the champers had. Over 2200 nights. He might win on Princess as well. :)

The most travelled cruiser on many of my Princess cruises have had well over 1000 days, the last one was a couple from Glasgow who had over 2000. I got to go on one as I travelled with my elder mum who had over 800 days at the time.

With Princess you also get $25 OBC for your 21st cruise credit, plus another $25 for 31, 41 to 51 to a maximum of $100.

The most travelled cruiser on many of my Princess cruises have had well over 1000 days, the last one was a couple from Glasgow who had over 2000. I got to go on one as I travelled with my elder mum who had over 800 days at the time.

With Princess you also get $25 OBC for your 21st cruise credit, plus another $25 for 31, 41 to 51 to a maximum of $100.

Is that pp or per cabin. We have over31 cruises.

Although, as Elite through P&O points, we got an invite to the most travelled passenger event, I think you will find they only count Princess cruises towards the prize.

Although, as Elite through P&O points, we got an invite to the most travelled passenger event, I think you will find they only count Princess cruises towards the prize.

Well Sharon I would hope so. It would be embarrassing to win on our first Princess cruise.

However I think I would get over that fairly soon. :) :)

I suspect that on the cruises from the UK, in particular Southampton, many of those who attend and indeed win will have many P&O cruises under their belt.

Edited by daiB

Well I would have beaten the couple on Royal Princess who were making such a fuss over winning.

BTW on one of our recent cruises the winner of the champers had. Over 2200 nights. He might win on Princess as well. :)

Bit of a cheat giving it to the captain if you ask me...:rolleyes: