Oasis Comedy Club - 2 shows?

If there are two shows per night on our cruise, are they the same, or is the early show more family oriented and the late show more "adult"?

Edited - I guess they are all "adult" because they won't allow me to add my 17 year 11 month old DD to the reservation. This bites.

Edited by btregoning

If there are two shows per night on our cruise, are they the same, or is the early show more family oriented and the late show more "adult"?

Same show. They are both adult oriented and not appropriate for children.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Edited - I guess they are all "adult" because they won't allow me to add my 17 year 11 month old DD to the reservation. This bites.

It does not "bite". The Comedy Club is adults only, and that means 18 and up.

If anyone is 18 or older, that person is welcome.

There will be one family comedy show in the main theatre that you do not need reservations for.

The cut-off has to happen sometime. The ones in the comedy club are 18+ at all times. There may be some offerings announced onboard for a family show with the same comedians.

On my last cruise a family of 7 spent 15 minutes screaming at the doorman because they were suite "gold card" guests and their 17 year old son was not admitted. There was no budging ... and it was too bad they didn't all leave as they were "those" people during the show.

My family was only on Oasis once (per my signature), but the two adult shows in the comedy club were not identical. (DW and I went to two different shows due to taking turns staying in the cabin with DD.)

The comedian did some crowd work during both shows, which made them a bit unique (for better or worse). They weren't completely canned scripts delivered with no regard for the audience. When DW and I compared notes afterward, even some of the non-crowd-work jokes were different, though many were the same.

Also, the fact that the comedian may do crowd work means you should be aware that you might be among the "victims"...be able to laugh at yourself, hide in the shadows, or don't go at all :) (DW was a victim, but she thought it was great.)

Obviously, YMMV...I just wanted to say that the two shows might not be exactly the same.

It does not "bite". The Comedy Club is adults only, and that means 18 and up.

If anyone is 18 or older, that person is welcome.

Actually for my family it does "bite." It is my DD's graduation trip and our DS and his GF are also coming. It is unfortunate that she is the only one that cannot attend. That does not however mean that I will do anything to circumvent the rules. I understand that an age limit must be set, and will abide by it.

We have been on other cruise ships that have two shows on the same night and the early show is "family," and the late show is "adult."

Hopefully there will be a family show that we can all attend.

Actually for my family it does "bite." It is my DD's graduation trip and our DS and his GF are also coming. It is unfortunate that she is the only one that cannot attend. That does not however mean that I will do anything to circumvent the rules. I understand that an age limit must be set, and will abide by it.

We have been on other cruise ships that have two shows on the same night and the early show is "family," and the late show is "adult."

Another equally biting situation, the 21 st birthday of your DD is the day after the cruise starts leaving her under 21 for the entire cruise. Something frustrating everyone needs to watch out for. Just saying[emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another equally biting situation, the 21 st birthday of your DD is the day after the cruise starts leaving her under 21 for the entire cruise. Something frustrating everyone needs to watch out for. Just saying[emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A visit to guest services on her 21'st birthday will rectify any issues.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=309

Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to ask for proof of age. Royal Caribbean International's age policy for gambling and consumption of alcoholic beverages is as follows: Please note: An individual's age on the date of sailing determines his or her status for their cruise vacation. However, if a guest celebrates their 21st birthday during the cruise, the guest may thereafter ask the Guest Services Manager to modify ship's records to permit their consumption of alcohol during the remainder of the cruise. The guest will be required to appear at Guest Services with his or her parent or guardian and to present a government issued form of identification to establish that the guest's 21st birthday was celebrated during the cruise.

The comedy club is a small club-type location - very different from the main theater where regular shows are. In the main theater the shows are supposed to be for all ages. There is sometimes a more adult show in the late evening. Cruise compass will let you know.

The age for the comedy club is 18. However, I have read on these boards that 16-17 year-olds can be admitted with a parent. You cannot book them on line - it might be worth a call to RC to ask. If they say yes, have them book for you; otherwise you may not get in should you choose to try on board. There is usually a stand-by waiting line, and chances are not always good to get in, especially for a group.

Your choice - but be aware it is definitely a very adult show; varies with the comedian, but can include a lot of sexual material/profanity, etc.

There are age limits for a reason.

You have age limits for certain rides at an amusement Park. You have age limits to drive a car.. Drink a beer legally. Etc.

You might not like it.. But there are rules for a reason.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk