Ocean Blue

Irishgrl73

Others posting on CC have found it to be disappointing and not worth the up charge and not worth the cost. I guess it is all a matter of one's taste. It has been empty on every cruise I have been on.

That's up to you. Have you checked out the menu? I did, and I wouldn't eat there even if there wasn't an upcharge, because it didn't appeal to me. Plenty of others love it. So your call.

The menu doesn't thrill me but, my husband would love it so going to have him make the call.

It was spectacular and was full every night. It was by far the best meal of the cruise and not by a little bit, by a lot. It we had eaten there earlier in the cruise we have of eaten there a number of times. We also had perfect lovely true fine dining service. The cocktail list was also very nice. We had amazing stone crab and I know stone crab. I asked if they were at least medium size and she said sure, they were large, almost extra large and very fresh. The crab legs, giant shrimp cocktails, mussels salads... I mean everything was delicious. We were in haven so we had nicer prepared to order seafood and lobster available, but it was no where as great as Ocean Blue. My daughter and her husband ate there the last night while we babysat and they also said it was the best meal and experience of the cruise.

We ate there twice in February.

Food: If fancy seafood is your thing, you'll like it.

Aside from the food, the primary difference we found was that the standard of service was higher than in the other Specialties. This doesn't really matter to me, but we found it noticeable. The cutlery is always perfectly managed. Plates always come from the proper side and leave from the proper side. One course is always taken away well before the next arrives. The wine glasses are heavier and the wine is bottle poured regardless of whether you're drinking a bottle or by-the-glass. There's more than enough wait staff so service is quick but unobtrusive.

Specialties' service is OK; Ocean Blue's service is that of a proper restaurant. If that matters to you, give it a shot.

I just posted on the other thread the OP started with the SDP question. Since this thread is more specific to Ocean Blue, I'll ask it again here. Can you order multiple appetizers, etc. when you dine here as you can in other restaurants? Can you also add additional nights of SDP to your 3 night SDP promo once onboard and what cost did you incur? Thanks

Can anyone direct me to the current menus for Ocean Blue? The one on Beyond Ships is old and I don't see anything obvious on NCL's website.

My husband is a picky eater and I'm curious whether or not this will be a logical choice for us.

I just posted on the other thread the OP started with the SDP question. Since this thread is more specific to Ocean Blue, I'll ask it again here. Can you order multiple appetizers, etc. when you dine here as you can in other restaurants? Can you also add additional nights of SDP to your 3 night SDP promo once onboard and what cost did you incur? Thanks

We had no entrees when we last ate at Ocean Blue in May. We had soups and salads and about 6 appetizers. Our server was distressed and kept trying to talk us into one. i did have a dessert. And a few sides.

I believe you need to add your additional specialty dining BEFORE you cruise. You can add either 3 or 4 sdp in your myncl planner. if you just plan on one night , just pay.