Ballroom dancing

Morrey

I've been on Crystal and was wondering what Viking has to offer in live bands, size of dance floor, group and private lessons.

Thank you so much and I hope to see you on board.

• 3 months later...

I see no answer to this post from August. Can anyone comment on the dancing aboard these Viking ocean cruises?

From the website video's it appears the Explorer's Lounge would be the place, but the floor has a piano on it, which does not usually serve for good dancing.

There are dance floors on deck 1 by the bar - the piano doesn't take up that much room! --and in the Explorers lounge - piano there too I think. Torshavn has one too but can't imagine Ballroom dancing there. If VO was scheduling a Ballroom dancing night am sure they'd figure out a way to make it work. I saw dancing on our VH cruise last Summer but not Ballroom as you're thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by CharTrav

I am also interested in this question as my husband and I are learning to dance ballroom style and are hoping to practice - it will be great chuckles for those watching. I see on the West Indies Explorer they show Ballroom Dancing at Troshavn 9 - 9:45 on the first night. The second night they show dancing 11:-11:45 (too late for us) and not ballroom, but we are okay with swing, rhumba...

There appear to be a lot of sitting and listening to music. I hope we can also dance if they are playing in a venue where it is a possibility and appropriate. I would rather do than sit. The next night they have dancing Torshavn at 10:00 - 10:45. The dancing is scattered throughout the week including one dancing on pool deck under the stars.

Deb

I hope we can dance too. Not ballroom dancing, but a bit of a bop at a disco would be nice. Showing my age there! :)

Look for that in Torshavn. The music that is played in the public spaces such as the Atrium and Explorers Club tends to be more mellow and relaxing.

Save

Based upon our experience last year on the Viking Star there is dancing in Torshavn for those who wish to dance either before or after a show.

Whilst we are not dancers ourselves, it was great fun watching others enjoying themselves.

Neil

This summer on the Star, we loved the Oaseas band that played. We danced many nights in Torshavn, but it sure wasn't ballroom! The Beatles night around the pool also had the crowd dancing too.