Is it possible to change cabin?

lilaclabrador

Hi, we're booked to go on Britannia from Southampton to Caribbean in October. Booked a couple of months ago but now think I may have made an error in choosing the cabin I did. I chose starboard, but think port would have been better for the TA part of the trip at least. Does anyone know if I'm able to change the cabin, for the same grade but different position if available?

Sometimes this is possible with availability, however it may also depend on what booking type you made; select fare or saver fare. You can always ask and bear in mind that sometimes an amendment fee applies possibly £100.00. Port side is generally sunnier on an Westbound voyage transatlantic.

Regards John

I did it for our upcoming Azura cruise. Rang P & O and found out which cabins were available but then had to contact our travel agent to amend the booking. All completed within 30 mins and immediately showed on our personaliser. There was no charge. This was the same grade balcony cabin.

Hi, we're booked to go on Britannia from Southampton to Caribbean in October. Booked a couple of months ago but now think I may have made an error in choosing the cabin I did. I chose starboard, but think port would have been better for the TA part of the trip at least. Does anyone know if I'm able to change the cabin, for the same grade but different position if available?

As you booked a Select Fare you will be allowed to make one change at no charge. Obviously it depends on availability but there is bound to be a port side cabin available. Make sure you refuse an upgrade or you could be back on starboard.

Thanks for your help everyone.

So I called today, on the freephone number, and waited about 15 minutes to get through. I spoke to a really helpful lady called Cathy who said it was no problem to change cabin in principle, however nothing was available on Port side at the exact grade so we needed to pay £30 pp extra for a slightly higher grade (better position on ship, apparently) on Port side so I'm happy.

She also told about the free coach transfer from Gatwick to Southampton which I didn't know about and we we might use as we're not too far from there and it would be nice to have our car at Gatwick when we return.

Also, our onboard credit had "dropped off the system" and she thought we didn't have any! Luckily she was able to reinstate it.

So, all in all, a good experience.

I will never forget calling to switch cabin once I realised I was on the wrong side of the ship to appreciate our sail around the British Isles. I couldn't have explained myself very well because the response on the phone was: "Sorry Madam, I'm afraid we can't change the direction the ship is sailing in" ..... [emoji23]