Freefall on the Escape

Ku4anci

Hi! We will be cruising on Escape this winter out of Miami and I am wondering how strictly the rules on minimum weight for the free fall waterslide are enforced. My daughter will be 10 and will weigh less than 45 kg.(my wife weighs that much or a bit less - we are from Europe btw). Will she be allowed?

Yeah. Even if you could slip by them somehow, don't. I'm no physicist, but I imagine not weighing enough runs the risk of the person being lifted/tossed around/getting stuck inside from lack of weight or momentum.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/07/us/kansas-schlitterbahn-water-park-child-death/

Plus, I've been told they actually weigh you.

Hi! We will be cruising on Escape this winter out of Miami and I am wondering how strictly the rules on minimum weight for the free fall waterslide are enforced. My daughter will be 10 and will weigh less than 45 kg.(my wife weighs that much or a bit less - we are from Europe btw). Will she be allowed?

A child recently died in a waterslide (not ncl). Those restrictions are there for a reason.

Even if, for some crazy reason, your child could slip by (which won't happen, but hypothetically speaking), as a parent, you would forbid your child from going because you are concerned and responsible for her safety, and because you realize those rules are in place to protect her. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm sorry for asking this... but do you mind sharing you weight? I also wear a tankini.

I weighed about 135 when the cruise started. I shudder to think what I weighed by the end of the cruise!!! If I had to do it over, I would just tuck my tankini in before going down. Maybe a fashion faux pas, but in case that was the reason, worth it.

I weigh the same (and was also wearing a tankini) and also got stuck on the slide. However I was lucky and made it to the second loop so I just pushed myself down and didn't have to be rescued.

I weigh the same (and was also wearing a tankini) and also got stuck on the slide. However I was lucky and made it to the second loop so I just pushed myself down and didn't have to be rescued.

I was so close to making it - it was literally inches away and I would have been good to go. So close, but yet so far! :)

I think its a question of getting up and around the loop. The green slide for me slowed down a lot compared to the blue so I could see if you didn't have enough weight to work your way up to the twist, you could get stuck and ther is now going back!!!

So I'll share my experience from the free fall slide on the Getaway earlier this year. I'm a 55 year old male weighing around 155.

My first go at the slide was a thrill so I decided to try it again. This time I came to a stop just before the second drop and sat up to push myself along. All of a sudden there seemed to be a pressure change of some sort inside the slide and I started going backwards. I was moving pretty fast and became a bit disoriented but I was pretty sure I was heading backwards up the freefall part of the slide. I was thinking at this point I was either going to fly out the top or come to a screeching stop on the bottom of the drop floor! Either scenario wasn't sounding too good.

Then I stopped again and began moving forward, bottomed out & stopped once more, looked up and saw blue sky - the rescue door was open. So I climbed out, took a look around to see exactly where I was, and saw an attendant down below waving to me to stay where I was until he came up to unlock the exit gate.

I never did get a good explanation about what happened or why.