NCL EPIC OSheehans_Do they serve poutine?

love2shell

Forgive me for being pedantic but as an Irish person the spelling is Poitin!

But kudos for drinking that stuff! I wouldn't let it pass my lips! :)

I was on the Epic recently but didn't spend much time in O'Sheehans so wouldn't know.

Forgive me for being pedantic but as an Irish person the spelling is Poitin!

But kudos for drinking that stuff! I wouldn't let it pass my lips! :)

I was on the Epic recently but didn't spend much time in O'Sheehans so wouldn't know.

I think he's talking about a food made out of potatoes, not a drink.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Poitin (sometimes anglicized as poteen) is a distilled grain spirit, made in small batches, similar to moonshine.

Poutine is fried potatoes with cheese curds & brown gravy. Popular in Quebec.

Both are a little bit scary, but intriguing :p

Edited by trivimp

Poitin (sometimes anglicized as poteen) is a distilled grain spirit, made in small batches, similar to moonshine.

Poutine is fried potatoes with cheese curds & brown gravy. Popular in Quebec.

Both are a little bit scary, but intriguing :p

Yep - asking about poutine - fried potatoes with cheese curds & gravy. Thanks for the replies.

I hope I hope I hope they have it! I admit I was put off when told what it was but then we visited some Canadian friends in Ontario. They are both ex Olympic gymnasts from 40 something years ago but still maintain their extremely disciplined lifestyle. They "allow" themselves poutine only once a year. Whoopee - they joined us for a big ole serving of poutine and I've been jonesing for it ever since. We'll be on the Epic in April for a TA and I'll sure be looking for it.

Edited by okeytaco

Poutine is very popular not only in Quebec but also Ontario and other Canadian provinces. Although it may sound scary it's very good if made correctly!! :) If they have it at O'Sheehan's on ESCAPE I'm all over it!! LOL

Oh I know, I actually love poutine, I was just being flippant. It's also wildly popular in Minnesota, which is where I first tried it. Strangely, it's becoming a thing here in Kansas City, too. Can't wait to see if they have it on either the Sky or the Epic, my next two NCL bookings. I doubt it for the former, but holding out hope.

Oh I know, I actually love poutine, I was just being flippant. It's also wildly popular in Minnesota, which is where I first tried it. Strangely, it's becoming a thing here in Kansas City, too. Can't wait to see if they have it on either the Sky or the Epic, my next two NCL bookings. I doubt it for the former, but holding out hope.

When I first told my BF about the whole gravy and cheese curds thing he almost choked. He just can't imagine combining not only gravy on french fries but adding cheese to the mix. I have yet to get him over to the "dark" side but soon especially if poutine is available on ESCAPE.

Hey all,

Being from Quebec OMG I would love to hear about it they do or not have Poutine.

For those of you that drink Bloody Mary give a chance to a good spicy Bloody Caesar they are delicious. Some lines make them so good. I found that HAL makes them almost to perfection.

Now how about a Bloody Caesar and a Poutine for lunch :-)

Sea ya

Eric

When I first told my BF about the whole gravy and cheese curds thing he almost choked. He just can't imagine combining not only gravy on french fries but adding cheese to the mix. I have yet to get him over to the "dark" side but soon especially if poutine is available on ESCAPE.

Fries with brown gravy is a staple if you are like myself and grew up in Michigan!!! I have tried it with cheese curds and it is delicious. The cheese curds remind me of eating larger pieces of cottage cheese but dry.

I went to Toronto years ago and tried it there..it is a must have if you are in Canada or Minnesota. If you are in Michigan fries with gravy is how most people like their fries!!! Also a hamburger with green olives and mayo is the best!!!!