Just off the dawn 8-5-16/8-12-16

preppykate08

We were concerned with the ala cartel dining with the package. Worked out great were no problems at all. Didn't have to pay extra for anything and we could order as much as we wanted. As for downsizing.. Hmm I don't think I would say that. I think I would just say they took off a few of my favorites and replaced them with different options. One of the things cagneys no longer offer for lunch is the shrimp cocktail. Sad! They do still offer it for dinner how ever. But not anymore for lunch. Also they took a scallop and shrimp risotto which was my fav:( there are new options like a Brie burger as well as a few new appetizer. The breakfast menu is relatively the same. They used to have a crabs edge Benedict but they have replaced that for a seafood eggs Benedict.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

... I know, these are our first-world problems! We save up so we can do the suite when we cruise, so I'll brace myself to not expect those crabcake eggs benedicts... I liked that risotto, too, and always had shrimp cocktail! doggone it

:)

Oh I am so sorry to hear this about the menu since I am sure it will be the same on the pearl and those were some of my favorite dishes. Still though, gotta love the suite life that NCL offers.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

... I know, these are our first-world problems! We save up so we can do the suite when we cruise, so I'll brace myself to not expect those crabcake eggs benedicts... I liked that risotto, too, and always had shrimp cocktail! doggone it

:)

Yes we hear ya we travel once a year and save for this!!! And so weird those were our fav things too! So sad to see them gone. But DEFF a first world problem! Enjoyed the cruise regardless tho. Can't beat the relaxation.

Sorry for all the typos guys. I'm on my phone replying.. Which I so happened to drop in Bermuda trying to take a picture of a lighthouse and completely shattered my iPhone screen... I am still able to type tho, as the screen protector is holding it in place. Thankfully. Just a little hard to see with all the cracks. So major apologizes everyone! Try to bear with me!

Great reviews, enjoying it very much…..What was your favorite thing that you did on the cruise?

By far my favorite part was the Mexican restaurant the experience was great and the food amazing. HEHHEHE. But other then that I would say the taxi ride. That was pretty awesome!

Can you tell me how big the shower is in the suite you were in? I know it seems silly, but it is a big factor in the rooms we pick.

Okay this is sort of hard to answer as I'm not good at this type of stuff! The bathroom area it's self is pretty large. Theres a walk in changing area, with his and hers closets. A double sink. And a large jacuzzi tub. Also in the room is a small toilet area. And a medium shower area with multiple shower heads and a hand held. I would say this area is on the small to medium side as there is no bath tub just the shower area

Thanks, that is actually quite helpful. I have looked at the Floorplan for that room several times and the shower is the one thing that gives me pause. But it sounds like it is perfectly sizable.

Had a bad carnival experience, showers are now a top 5 priority.

We were concerned with the ala cartel dining with the package. Worked out great were no problems at all. Didn't have to pay extra for anything and we could order as much as we wanted. As for downsizing.. Hmm I don't think I would say that. I think I would just say they took off a few of my favorites and replaced them with different options. One of the things cagneys no longer offer for lunch is the shrimp cocktail. Sad! They do still offer it for dinner how ever. But not anymore for lunch. Also they took a scallop and shrimp risotto which was my fav:( there are new options like a Brie burger as well as a few new appetizer. The breakfast menu is relatively the same. They used to have a crabs edge Benedict but they have replaced that for a seafood eggs Benedict.

Sad no shrimp & scallop risotto. What about the banana cream pie?

Just as well I was in a rut now I will need to have my first lunch with something different in Oct.

Thanks for the post you sound like a real foodie :) wonderful reading.

Preppykate,

When the Dawn first emerged from Dry Dock there were reports of plumbing problems --- flooding in some cabins, public toilets out of service, etc. Did you see any issues in this area?

Thanks for the review!

Brad

Excellent...glad to hear you enjoyed the OS!

Did you happen to take pictures? Any issues with "cloudy" windows in your OS?

I've read about the window issues and them being fixed during dry dock...wanted to see if you had cloudy windows during your cruise...

Thanks much!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

The ones that have had (and still getting reports) are the rooms on 12. The OP had a OS on either 9 or 10. 12 has 4 DOS plus a variety of suites and inside rooms.

The ones that have had (and still getting reports) are the rooms on 12. The OP had a OS on either 9 or 10. 12 has 4 DOS plus a variety of suites and inside rooms.

Hi dexddd [emoji3]

Thanks much for the update...not sure why those rooms on 12 weren't taken care of during dry dock...we're in a DOS this December and are hoping the cloudy windows will be rectified soon...

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Joy

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Sorry for all the typos guys. I'm on my phone replying.. Which I so happened to drop in Bermuda trying to take a picture of a lighthouse and completely shattered my iPhone screen... I am still able to type tho, as the screen protector is holding it in place. Thankfully. Just a little hard to see with all the cracks. So major apologizes everyone! Try to bear with me!

That's too bad about your phone [emoji37].

Was the NCL iConcierge app available on the Dawn and did you use the on ship messaging service through it and was it reliable?

It is available on the dawn as others were using it. But.. We heard mixed reviews from previous cruisers we met on board saying that areas where u needed to talk to others service for the app was not good. So we decided not to get it!

Which OS were you in? Do you have any pics? Curious as to what they all did since some of those had some very unique and pretty interiors although they did need quite a bit of TLC.

We were on deck 10.. Sadly got so wrapped up in vacation that we did not take any updated room pictures. But I can tell you not a ton changed. Basically the decorations did. Everything else looked relatively the same. But new carpet and new colors and also a new coffee maker

Preppykate,

When the Dawn first emerged from Dry Dock there were reports of plumbing problems --- flooding in some cabins, public toilets out of service, etc. Did you see any issues in this area?

Thanks for the review!

Brad

Unfortunately there were a couple times we were not able to get our toilets to flush (not good) but they ended up fixing them quickly. Other then that I didn't notice any other plumbing issues on the boat!