Is this what is wrong about Ruby Starboard Riviera cabin?

Lvteks

Is there, in fact, a Starboard smoking area on the Lido deck that sends flickers and butts down to the Riviera balcony below toward the aft location? These are some of the last remaining cabins. Has anyone had this happen? Princess says the designated areas vary. Are they only on Starboard side?

I really appreciate any information

Blessings,

Is there, in fact, a Starboard smoking area on the Lido deck that sends flickers and butts down to the Riviera balcony below toward the aft location? These are some of the last remaining cabins. Has anyone had this happen? Princess says the designated areas vary. Are they only on Starboard side?

Blessings,

I'm not sure where the smoking section is, but I have never seen anyone toss a butt over the side on any ship. There's a big fat fine for doing that.

Blessings,

Unless you looking at the 4 true aft Riviera balcony cabins, R748-R751, I believe that you have bad information.

First, l believe that smoking is no longer allowed on Lido deck on the starboard side between the pools. Even if it was allowed, that area is enclosed in glass and no flickers or butts could be tossed over the side.

Second, there may still be smoking on the starboard side of the Horizon Terrace aft on Lido deck but nowhere near the side of the ship.

Third, there may still be smoking on the starboard side seating area of the Tradewinds Bar on the Sun deck but once again nowhere near the side of the ship.

Fourth, from the end of the forward balcony cabins all the way aft the fully windowed Lido deck extends about 10 feet from the hull while the Riviera deck balconies only extend 5 feet. We have stayed in a Riviera deck cabin and the balconies are fully protected from sun, rain and anything coming from above.

In addition, we were in a true aft cabin similar to R748-R751 on the Sapphire and had no problem with that cabin.

Blessings,

No

Smoking is very restricted. There is a small smoking area on the Horizon Terrace port side at the tables, but there is no way anything can get to any other deck. There is a small smoking area by the Tradewinds bar port side. There might be a small area where the cigarette disposal is attached to the bulkhead on deck 16 port side if you walk as far back as you can walk where the walkway ends. There is also a small area on the Promenade deck all the way aft, starboard side, outside of Club Fusion where the walkway narrows to go around the stern of the ship.

No one is permitted to throw anything overboard, including lighted or unlighted cigarettes

Blessings,

No......

We stay in that area often and have never had anything fall on the balcony. :confused:

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Did a b2b (8 days total - SEP 2015) on Ruby in R751 which is in fact below the smoking area on Sun deck, starboard. Folks will stand at the stern rail and smoke. There were butts on our balcony a few times including a cigar butt, I had ashes rain down on me a few times, and daily found ashes on the deck.

I don't know if they are allowed to smoke at the stern rail, but we called them in anyway and had steward observe the evidence.

Edited by Ferd Berfle
typoe

Did a b2b (8 days total - SEP 2015) on Ruby in R751 which is in fact below the smoking area on Sun deck, starboard. Folks will stand at the stern rail and smoke. There were butts on our balcony a few times including a cigar butt, I had ashes rain down on me a few times, and daily found ashes on the deck.

I don't know if they are allowed to smoke at the stern rail, but we called them in anyway and had steward observe the evidence.

Strange that the OP is talking about aft facing cabins still being available, as those always seem to be sold out and are the first to go. :confused:

What you say makes sense..........we don't stay in those, only side of ship cabins.

Strange that the OP is talking about aft facing cabins still being available, as those always seem to be sold out and are the first to go. :confused:

What you say makes sense..........we don't stay in those, only side of ship cabins.

We'd stay there again if we had to :rolleyes:

It wasn't like a constant rain of ashes, usually/daily present in the morning. I did yell at one group who ashed me. The smoking area is right behind Adagio and nothing to stop folks from roaming back to the rail, and I suppose the temptation to flick is overpowering.

If there is a choice, I'd pick Port side R750 in a minute.

The Ruby Riviera deck cabins are slightly different than on the Sapphire and Diamond because they were added during a drydock and the Lido deck doesn't full cover the added Riviera deck balconies.

I hadn't noticed smokers at the rail on Lido deck on other ships. IMHO, they shouldn't be allowed to smoke at the railing over balconies below [emoji848]

I thought the smoking area was on deck on the port side in front of Sabatini's rather than in front of Adagio on the starboard side and I thought the smoking on the Horizon Terrace was also on the port side. Adagio is two decks up so they must have had good aim to make it to your balcony. It has been that way on other Grand class ships with the Promenade deck smoking on the starboard side and Lido/Sun deck smoking on the port side. It's not good if they vary by ship.

Edited by IECalCruiser

The Ruby Riviera deck cabins are slightly different than on the Sapphire and Diamond because they were added during a drydock and the Lido deck doesn't full cover the added Riviera deck balconies. I hadn't noticed smokers at the rail on Lido deck on other ships. IMHO, they shouldn't be allowed to smoke at the railing over balconies below [emoji848]

I thought they were added when the ship was built not during dry dock?

It was the progression of those aft cabins from OV's on the Crown/Emerald to balconies on the Ruby.

Maybe I am wrong. When was the drydock?

I thought they were added when the ship was built not during dry dock?

It was the progression of those aft cabins from OV's on the Crown/Emerald to balconies on the Ruby.

Maybe I am wrong. When was the drydock?

It looks like the the photo series on the conversion of those four cabins from oceanview to balcony cabins may have been during construction because searching CC, I found they existed in 2008 the year the Ruby went into service. Those cabins transition from two tiny portholes on the Crown, to full size oceanview Windows on the Emerald to balconies on the Ruby. I can't trust my memory :rolleyes: Edited by IECalCruiser
Updated Information/Correction

First, l believe that smoking is no longer allowed on Lido deck on the starboard side between the pools. Even if it was allowed, that area is enclosed in glass and no flickers or butts could be tossed over the side.

Floor to ceiling glass.

It looks like the the photo series on the conversion of those four cabins from oceanview to balcony cabins may have been during construction because searching CC, I found they existed in 2008 the year the Ruby went into service. Those cabins transition from two tiny portholes on the Crown, to full size oceanview Windows on the Emerald to balconies on the Ruby. I can't trust my memory :rolleyes:

I hear ya! Right there with you. :cool:

Yes, this happened to me too. Ashes, ashes, ashes and smoke. I will never book R740 or R751 again. 740 was worse the 751. If you can get cabins on the other side, do that instead.

The smoking was right above us starboard.

Don't know about you, but I also had to deal with seagull poop. YUCK!

Yes, this happened to me too. Ashes, ashes, ashes and smoke. I will never book R740 or R751 again. 740 was worse the 751. If you can get cabins on the other side, do that instead.

The smoking was right above us starboard.

Don't know about you, but I also had to deal with seagull poop. YUCK!

Did you complain about the people and the ashes?

Tony

Did you complain about the people and the ashes?

Tony

My room steward was well aware, so I didn't go any further while on board.

I did write a letter when I got home just to say that those cabins should be re-priced and I was given a small discount on a future cruise that I didn't ask for, but gladly accepted.

Below is the view from R751 looking up at Sun deck stern railing, starboard side. From time to time the view included smokers.

I guess dead skin rain and seagull feces are unavoidable hazards of balcony life... The gulls in Ensenada are the most aggressive I've experienced, had one finish my breakfast for me, we need a fence.

Whenever we reported issues with ashes and smokers at the rail the problem went away, for a while.

IMG_3745.jpg.1d0fff768094412ea6ccfa0c64706dbe.jpg

WOW! Thank all of you so very very much. I feel much better about our cabin, 731 which is not an aft facing location. It's starboard about four cabins to the back. Seems as I we dodged the trash, seagulls excepted of course. I thought I had read some comments about that problem.

NOTE TO SILLYJILLEY: we will see you on the Ruby Jan. 7th right?

Again thanks for such prompt and descriptive replies. Some of which I shall try to forge

WOW! Thank all of you so very very much. I feel much better about our cabin, 731 which is not an aft facing location. It's starboard about four cabins to the back. Seems as I we dodged the trash, seagulls excepted of course. I thought I had read some comments about that problem.

NOTE TO SILLYJILLEY: we will see you on the Ruby Jan. 7th right?

Again thanks for such prompt and descriptive replies. Some of which I shall try to forge��

Yes, I will. :)

I've been in 731 or nearby and loved it. It's completely covered. No smoke and no poop. LOL