Betrayal?

workingtocruise-59

For a while, I thought it was fun to see posters' cruising histories in their "signatures." Then again, it made it take soooooo much longer to get through a thread of posts. Someone ( I forget who, but, God bless them, gave instructions on how to remove the signatures... just search for it on CC). If you look at CC fairly often, as I do, this is a great time-saver.

You are correct and I have taken mine out and put it back in. If one gives any advice about cruising I like to know what kind of experience they have giving this information. I do agree that it makes for using up space. I tried to figure out a way to keep it in the stats which can be accessed by left clicking on the posters user name, but haven't figured out how to get it there to show when checking on the posters name. In other words if a poster gives some information what is their cruise experience. Any suggestions on how to solve that problem.

You are correct and I have taken mine out and put it back in. If one gives any advice about cruising I like to know what kind of experience they have giving this information. I do agree that it makes for using up space. I tried to figure out a way to keep it in the stats which can be accessed by left clicking on the posters user name, but haven't figured out how to get it there to show when checking on the posters name. In other words if a poster gives some information what is their cruise experience. Any suggestions on how to solve that problem.

Did you know you have the option to turn off your own signature on a post when you are posting multiple times to a thread so it's only seen once? It's below the posting box under "miscellaneous options".

Edited by excitedofharpenden

• Administrators
For a while, I thought it was fun to see posters' cruising histories in their "signatures." Then again, it made it take soooooo much longer to get through a thread of posts. Someone ( I forget who, but, God bless them, gave instructions on how to remove the signatures... just search for it on CC). If you look at CC fairly often, as I do, this is a great time-saver.

While logged in, click on Quick Links (main nav above)

Choose: Edit Options

Look For: Thread Display Options

Visible Post Elements You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts. Show Signatures

Uncheck Show Signatures.

Hope this helps,

Laura

Did you know you have the option to turn off your own signature on a post when you are posting multiple times to a thread so it's only seen once? It's below the posting box under "miscellaneous options".

Thanks, I did not know that and will try nest post

I think I may have done it. Great

Edited by scapel

Silhouette is our favourite X ship, have a wonderful cruise.

Just off the Silhouette a couple of weeks ago. The service in all areas was wonderful but the Martini Bar exceeded all expectations. What a wonderful group of bartenders and servers. I made a special request the first night and ended up with a Margaritatini! Fantastic and ready for me within a couple of minutes after sitting down each night.

As for the original poster, we had many crew members remember our name after our first encounter. Security and welcome onboard was always personal and genuine.Hope you enjoy your trip. It's not Azamara(the logistics just don't allow that) but we have been very happy with Celebrity.

While logged in, click on Quick Links (main nav above)

Choose: Edit Options

Look For: Thread Display Options

Visible Post Elements You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts. Show Signatures

Uncheck Show Signatures.

Hope this helps,

Laura

Thank you, Laura, for re-posting the instructions. I think this will help many on CC who either have a slow internet connection or who just need to get through threads faster. By the time I turned off signatures, I already knew that the frequent posters are also experienced cruisers, such as scapel, excited of harpened, uktog, ellbon, lottie, grandma cruising, etc., etc. I value their opinions and read them , but also greatly appreciate being able to get through threads so much faster. :)

Edited by pvkatmom

Just off the Silhouette a couple of weeks ago. The service in all areas was wonderful but the Martini Bar exceeded all expectations. What a wonderful group of bartenders and servers. I made a special request the first night and ended up with a Margaritatini! Fantastic and ready for me within a couple of minutes after sitting down each night.

As for the original poster, we had many crew members remember our name after our first encounter. Security and welcome onboard was always personal and genuine.Hope you enjoy your trip. It's not Azamara(the logistics just don't allow that) but we have been very happy with Celebrity.

We are on "Sillie" for the T/A early November...would love to try this! How's it made/what's in it? Inquiring minds want to know...well...at least this one!!! :p LuAnn

I LOVE that last line! Do you mind if I share it with our marketing department?

Hello workingtocruise-59,

Your quote has been made into a graphic and was posted on our Facebook page today. It's getting lots of positive comments. Thank you for allowing us to use it!

image.jpg.b18b6c97bee7e8054dc21984ff5e23a3.jpg

Hello workingtocruise-59,

Your quote has been made into a graphic and was posted on our Facebook page today. It's getting lots of positive comments. Thank you for allowing us to use it!

Thank you Bonnie and, of course, Azamara for the graphic, the FB post and the nearest I'll probably ever get to my "fifteen minutes of fame"!