Charges billed after we left Grandeur of Seas!

Thats why we always tell our cabin steward to empty the minibar so there was is no way we would get charged

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On my last two cruises, I asked that the mini bar be emptied and they REFUSED. It's very annoying because I want to keep my water in there.

On my next cruise, I'm going to press the issue at customer service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

this has happened to me too.

As soon as we walked into our room on the first day, I noticed that the usual amount of soda, water and snacks were not there.

I immediately informed the room steward so we can make note.

We went on to the muster drill and upon returning to our room both the room steward and the bar guy with his cart was there.

I again informed the room steward and the bar guy about this and the bar guy said he would make note. all he did was write down our room number with no other notation. a few days later, we noticed everything was fully stocked.

the next day, i went to guest services just to check our bill.

sure enough....we were charged 26.XX for everything he had to restock.

I told guest services what happened and they removed the charges.

I also told the room steward as well. at the end of the cruise, all charges were correct..

upon returning home.... a few weeks later, i received my charge card statement. there was now a charge for a extra 6.XX.

I called RCCL, explained it to 2 differenet people then the 2nd person told me that yes...she does see that charge, however, the next day it showed a credit and that credit would reflect on my next charge statement.

well....it didn't

so...I called again and had to explain all over again....

well...here it is 3 months later and still no credit....

That's exactly what my husband and I said. How did he charge us?? But when the customer rep said it was in the dining room, it came back to us. Because I never order water in the dining room, I always drink what they pour, it had to be that bottle he set in front of me.

Before someone says that maybe it was a drink they charged me for, I don't order drinks in the dining room. I always try to hydrate with water at dinner after drinking all day so it had to be that bottle he set down in front of me.

maybe someone ordered a drink and had a filio number close to yours and the waiter wrote down the wrong number. or whoever puts the info in the computers copied it wrong or maybe reversed some of the numbers.

Being a cruise novice- WHAT is a CASH ACCOUNT? Will remember to have Mini bar emptied. Thanks

It means you are not securing your onboard account with a credit or debit card, and they expect you to settle up at Guest Services on the last evening of the cruise.

Bob- I can handle that- I thought I would have to put maybe $1000 deposit. This means no hassle when not spend $1000.

Edited by djay

Bob- I can handle that- I thought I would have to put maybe $1000 deposit. This means no hassle when not spend $1000.

They don't require any deposit. However, they will ask you to pay down the account if you charge $500 in excess of any credits you have.

No, you do not have to put any money down. If your charges exceed $500, they will call you down to Guest Services to pay that, then let you go on and keep charging.

:)

Its sad that I have no life found myself tonight surfing thru all the threads and just keep watching for responses- LOL.

It has been 8 yrs since last cruise & I have forgotten. Are gratuities paid as a fee thru Customer Service or is it cash in envelope? $13.50 per day? Always have Extra for those special people.

Trying t decide how much cash we need to take. Taxis/ hotel personnel, etc.

Has gotten to the point that i may have $5 cash at any time- everything is paid by Am Express & i pay it off every 2 weeks. No reason for cash.

Thanks to all offering your knowledge. DJay

Its sad that I have no life found myself tonight surfing thru all the threads and just keep watching for responses- LOL.

It has been 8 yrs since last cruise & I have forgotten. Are gratuities paid as a fee thru Customer Service or is it cash in envelope? $13.50 per day? Always have Extra for those special people.

Trying t decide how much cash we need to take. Taxis/ hotel personnel, etc.

Has gotten to the point that i may have $5 cash at any time- everything is paid by Am Express & i pay it off every 2 weeks. No reason for cash.

Thanks to all offering your knowledge. DJay

Gratuities are automatically charged to your onboard account on a daily basis now. They still you some envelopes if you want to add more.

Edited by clarea

On my last two cruises, I asked that the mini bar be emptied and they REFUSED. It's very annoying because I want to keep my water in there.

On my next cruise, I'm going to press the issue at customer service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just empty it yourself. Our room attendant knew what we were doing; even moved things to a better spot. But she would NOT empty it for us. We took out the smaller waters and the sodas, and put our big water package waters in there. She even suggested that we start with the two waters that were already cold, and then just leave two from the package at the end.

Really not that hard to do. :)

Of course, perhaps it's more obvious with us since we get the water package.

I have been on Grandeur 5 times and all 5 times I have been charged for

something I did not use. When I called, they said it must be the mini bar.

When I said I did not take anything from the mini bar they said they would

credit me.

I have spoken to other cruisers that said this has happened to them on Grandeur also.

From our third cruise we have stopped leaving a credit card and gone strictly to a cash account. It was because of the mysterious charges that a lot of people also experience that led me to do this after the second cruise.

The amount of time i have spent settling the folio on the last night is a lot less than trying to deal with rccl on the phone weeks after the cruise!

Over the years both we and many others we often sail with have received a bill/statement on the AM of departure which has a small ($1/2/3) mini bar charge that we did not make. RCCL must be aware that to take time before leaving the ship to challenge this amount (especially when guest service lines are very long) is not practical. Most passengers will just blow it off. Although each single overcharge is small, in the aggregate over the entire fleet, it becomes a significant revenue source for RCCl

I saw this post and decided to check mine... I, too, was charged $14 the last day for minibar.... which was removed from our room. Twice thru the cruise on Grandeur, I had to go to Guest Services to get mini bar charges removed.

Never had a problem on a ship before with minibar, but evidentially Grandeur sees it as an easy charge.

Gratuities are automatically charged to your onboard account on a daily basis now. They still you some envelopes if you want to add more.

We did not even get envelopes on our last cruise (June on Grandeur) so not sure they do that anymore (or it was an oversight).

We did not even get envelopes on our last cruise (June on Grandeur) so not sure they do that anymore (or it was an oversight).

Could vary by ship or even stateroom attendant. We got two envelopes on both our Majesty cruises this past June.

Could vary by ship or even stateroom attendant. We got two envelopes on both our Majesty cruises this past June.

It would be a very stupid move by a cabin steward NOT to leave a couple of envelopes. It was probably an oversight/mistake.

You can always get some at Guest Services. (or DL or CL, if you have access)